New injection tank for a hatch, potentially.

Would anyone hazard a guess as to what a new injection tank for a Manta hatch might be worth please? I've been offered one; its 'spensif 😄 but know they're a bit of a rarity, so might be more of an investment.

Thanks.

Edited by Rick-Manta
  • Like 1

Simple answer is how much do you need it and what us it worth to the individual.

I was looking back at panel prices (new OEM) from when I had my first Manta and an example is it cost me around £350 for a nose in 1998. According to https://www.in2013dollars.com/uk/inflation/1998 that would mean I should be paying £790 in todays money. Obviously we know they are double that *if* available, possibly closer to £2K now.
So not a direct answer, but one in a round about way 🤦‍♂️

Hard to price, because you can’t find them for sale, even second hand ones. I know if my tank ever fails, I’ll have one custom made from stainless or aluminium which ever. 

a bit like the sender unit for my Carlton. EBay Germany there’s 1 for sale at €450 plus shipping and import duty etc. found another from someone we know, £300 with delivery from America. I was not prepared to pay that, seeing as I’m probably the only person needing one. Luckily I found someone over here with a NOS one and payed £100 delivered because he’s an enthusiast aswell, and didn’t want to rip me off. Everyone’s happy. 

• Like 3

carlton tanks are easier to find new anyway ( or they were !) there was one recently on ebay.

the carlton tank is a similarstyle to the cav hatch one minus the raised section up to the filler .thought about wether it would fit my cav years ago but ended up finding a tank that had been "renew" treated so bought and fitted that. ( a epoxy internal coating that used to be done local by a firm called northern radiators)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cam.in.head said:

carlton tanks are easier to find new anyway ( or they were !) there was one recently on ebay.

the carlton tank is a similarstyle to the cav hatch one minus the raised section up to the filler .thought about wether it would fit my cav years ago but ended up finding a tank that had been "renew" treated so bought and fitted that. ( a epoxy internal coating that used to be done local by a firm called northern radiators)

I did find a Carlton tank in the uk circa 250. But it was for a carb model with a twist in sender unit not a bolt in one. 

keeps your eyes open for a bolt in one, mine has seen better days and I darent put more than half a tank in. Failing that I’m going to send it off for “refurbishing” 

Thanks for the responses. Turned out to be a coupe tank unfortunately. The guy had a hatch and ordered it from German eBay for a spare for £500, but he never knew he'd been ripped off until now, unless it was his mistake of course.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Rick-Manta said:

Thanks for the responses. Turned out to be a coupe tank unfortunately. The guy had a hatch and ordered it from German eBay for a spare for £500, but he never knew he'd been ripped off until now, unless it was his mistake of course.

Ouch 

• Like 1