Early Manta B Headlight Glass

daz9newc

Hey everyone, I'm desperately looking for the drivers headlight glass or complete unit that fits the early Manta which allows the painted trim surround to be fitted as my headlight glass cracked

IMG20230609163200.jpg

Is there a difference in headlight with the surround, never been lucky enough to have has a car with these fitted, where they fitted because of the glass popping off the unit, common age old issue. 

I can see Hella and H4. But where without colour codes surround.

Let me know and I will have a look at my stock. 

7 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Is there a difference in headlight with the surround, never been lucky enough to have has a car with these fitted, where they fitted because of the glass popping off the unit, common age old issue. 

I can see Hella and H4. But where without colour codes surround.

Let me know and I will have a look at my stock. 

The headlamps are deeper to allow for the depth of the surrounds. The car will take the later light units, but not with the surrounds fitted.

Apart from the part number, the visual difference is the ‘dimpled’ upper surface that isn’t on later versions. I was looking for the later version a few weeks ago and was lucky to find a couple of good pairs but whilst searching I’m sure there was an earlier model on Ebay or somewhere, I’ll keep looking.

• Like 1

The deeper glass was only fitted to very early 75/76 higher models. I do have some of those deep headlight glass in my possession, which technically were not fitted to my car standard. But I will only let them go if I can find a brand new shallow RH headlight to match a LH I have in a box to exchange. 

C669964B-72F1-4995-ACD6-9312BF192DCE.jpeg

B5ED716B-679B-4D71-8D7E-E310ED28774A.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Metalbasher said:

Apart from the part number, the visual difference is the ‘dimpled’ upper surface that isn’t on later versions. I was looking for the later version a few weeks ago and was lucky to find a couple of good pairs but whilst searching I’m sure there was an earlier model on Ebay or somewhere, I’ll keep looking.

12 minutes ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

I had those surrounds on TJH 607Y and was told that was because the car originated in Ireland and that Irish cars all had them? 🤷‍♂️

That was me sold it on eBay a few months back, found it at Sywell last year.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

The deeper glass was only fitted to very early 75/76 higher models. I do have some of those deep headlight glass in my possession, which technically were not fitted to my car standard. But I will only let them go if I can find a brand new shallow RH headlight to match a LH I have in a box to exchange. 

C669964B-72F1-4995-ACD6-9312BF192DCE.jpeg

B5ED716B-679B-4D71-8D7E-E310ED28774A.jpeg

PM sent