GTE Hatch Restoration Project

I think the March price guide remains a good reference so in the light of that this is optimistic. If there were pics of the underside that looked fantastic then maybe it would be more appealing. 
To put it another way, you saw mine last year at Sywell and you know the car. Its got poorer paint and a similar rear valance but it’s on the road and I’d be surprised if I got anywhere close to that price if I listed it. 

Edited by Trooker
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is a genuine one owner car .

I knew the owner very well and was entrusted with the sale ,that was after I had been offered it as a gift ! I had to reluctantly turn it down as I have too much on already.  To think I found an owner in Scotland and sold for what I thought was fare given the amount of work and welding needed. Sold for 2k and its been around now on e Bay I message the seller it's been to Scotland, Ireland and now back to its homeland in essex. I was really hoping for a good result for this one but bow she's just turned into a cash cow but this seller won't get near this price as has been very vague with the actual condition and work that's needed . 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, gt/e paul said:

This is a genuine one owner car .

I knew the owner very well and was entrusted with the sale ,that was after I had been offered it as a gift ! I had to reluctantly turn it down as I have too much on already.  To think I found an owner in Scotland and sold for what I thought was fare given the amount of work and welding needed. Sold for 2k and its been around now on e Bay I message the seller it's been to Scotland, Ireland and now back to its homeland in essex. I was really hoping for a good result for this one but bow she's just turned into a cash cow but this seller won't get near this price as has been very vague with the actual condition and work that's needed . 

That sucks, but I guess ppl are taking a punt then having to pay fir transport, so they have been trying to recoup the costs no doubt 😬

Exactly what I thought the costs of transport must be sky high between them all . Like you say I guess trying to cash in but I very much doubt they shall re coup it .I really hope this car finds a good home.