a very nice A series on youtube

3 hours ago, chrisb said:

Its Chris Colliers car, Hes owned it for 30 years plus, its running a 2.5 ltr engine and has been magazine featured on a few occasions, used to be metallic green

2.5, Is that the V6 engine?

Nice find. Didn't know that existed, must have been taken while I was walking round the show as the bonnet is shut.

This video was taken at Cars in the park in Leamington spa last year. The BMW 1602 next to mine belongs to a good friend and an ex manta club member.

As Chris B mentioned, the car is heavily modified, running :

2.5l Vectra V6, R28 Omega box, custom mounted 4HA Scimitar axel with LSD, connected to the box via a custom prop.

There is a full build thread on here in the project section under, Work starts on the mk 2 , V6 A series

20160706_132013.thumb.jpg.cf84e94538ef09af109f071be14c1b8a.jpg

Edited by mantaray
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mantaray said:

Nice find. Didn't know that existed, must have been taken while I was walking round the show as the bonnet is shut.

This video was taken at Cars in the park in Leamington spa last year. The BMW 1602 next to mine belongs to a good friend and an ex manta club member.

As Chris B mentioned, the car is heavily modified, running :

2.5l Vectra V6, R28 Omega box, custom mounted 4HA Scimitar axel with LSD, connected to the box via a custom prop.

There is a full build thread on here in the project section under, Work starts on the mk 2 , V6 A series

20160706_132013.thumb.jpg.cf84e94538ef09af109f071be14c1b8a.jpg

Thought it might be that one! I've only ever seen the one A with a V6 in it that i can remember 🙂 Didn't recognise it in that colour 🙂

Im sure i've seen it at the old Opel meets before but never noticed the petrol cap in that position!!

Must have been some work getting that in there with the exhausts? Had enough problems getting mine in with the old CIH 🙂 

Nice little video of it.