Pressure Regulator

Hi, I have attached a couple of photos regarding a Fuel Pressure Regulator I am looking for. Hoping someone may be able to help or even tell me if there is an equivalent part. Thanks Regards Andrew Membership No. 7050

IMG_5092.jpeg

IMG_5096.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s a pulsation dampener, it does not regulate pressure. Cars run fine without, especially if using a more modern pump. They are still about as all the vehicles with K-Jetronic had them too. But they are as you have found not cheap. 

As said you can remove it and run the car without any noticable difference. I don't think i've had one on any of my injected cars in the last 15 years or more. Not a single running issue or difference in drive or performance.

Thanks to mantasrme and Jessopia74 for your replies. As the car is running very rich, lots of white smoke etc. and revs are difficult to keep high enough to move. As my pressure regulator couldn't be adjusted, and the fact that when I switched my fuel pump off (have a separate switch) the engine revs would pick up, and run normal until of course it was starved of fuel. I was advised to get a replacement fuel regulator and go from there.. However as you say it can run well without one, I am at a bit  of a loss at present. Unless you have any suggestions.

Thanks again

Regards Andrew (7050)

• Like 1

The fuel pressure regulator is on the fuel rail which attaches to the inlet manifold. 

White smoke is usually from condensation in the exhaust or head gasket failure.

• Like 1

As EMS said, white smoke is not over fueling, most likely head gasket. 
Fuel would be black smoke or poor starting with flooding at idle. 

FYI, your injection regulator sits between the injectors on your inlet manifold. I have added pic of its location looking at the manifold from above and what it will look like without pipes/once removed. 

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

Thanks for your reply your picture is a little different from the one I sent, not sure if it’s different because the engine came out of a 1986 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2i Anyway thanks for the info and what price would you sell the one you have. Thanks again Regards Andrew 

5 hours ago, Andrew Talbot-Scobie said:

Thanks for your reply your picture is a little different from the one I sent, not sure if it’s different because the engine came out of a 1986 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2i Anyway thanks for the info and what price would you sell the one you have. Thanks again Regards Andrew 

That first picture you sent is the vibration damper next to the fuel pump. Is that what you’re after? 

i have a 2.2i Carlton on my driveway if you need me to identify a component off it 

Thanks for reply. Yes sorry to show my ignorance  I was a little unsure what it was, or did. Mine is dented and has seen better days. I'm afraid as I am not up to speed on the injection system and the vibration damper. Can you tell me if I can run the car without one, and if the answer is no and I need one, can it be mounted away from the pump. Thanks again

Regards Andrew

1 hour ago, Andrew Talbot-Scobie said:

Thanks for reply. Yes sorry to show my ignorance  I was a little unsure what it was, or did. Mine is dented and has seen better days. I'm afraid as I am not up to speed on the injection system and the vibration damper. Can you tell me if I can run the car without one, and if the answer is no and I need one, can it be mounted away from the pump. Thanks again

Regards Andrew

You do not need the pulsation dampener as stated in posts above. 

On 16/06/2024 at 22:07, Jessopia74 said:

You do not need the pulsation dampener as stated in posts above. 

Thanks for pointing that out again, hopefully when it's up and running I'ii get to say hello to you. Cheers

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Andrew Talbot-Scobie said:

Thanks for pointing that out again, hopefully when it's up and running I'ii get to say hello to you. Cheers

NP, it got a little confusing in the thread talking about Pulsation Damper and Fuel pressure regulators, so just wanted to make a clear statement about the Pulsation dampener 

• 2 weeks later...