Manta A Muscle car

opel2000

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The A series manta has all the classic lines of early muscle cars so why not capitalise on it. My car actually has a set of 70's style Halibrand wheels (similar to torq thrust wheels) and the single headlamps are early camaro influenced. As far as bodywork goes all you need to do is detrim slightly and fit the front spoiler - yum.

Muscle car as a daily driver anyone?

I seem to recall a blue A in the Manta Magic Billing Report that had Charger style hideaway lights (I think that's what they were). Looked great anyway.

Pete M

OMOC 5885

MantaBB.jpg

E555KHY(Red Exclusive Coupe): current

E544NUW(White GTE Hatch): gone, but not forgotten

• 2 weeks later...

Eleanor is actually going to be the inspiration for the paint job. I wanted torque thrust wheels but they don't do any with the correct offset (even the custom made ones stick out too far). These are Halibrand 5 spokes which I had made and shipped in from america. Bit of hassle to get but they are what gives the car its look. Other option was Cragar SS wheels, but again they don't offer the right offet.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally - After months of graft its almost ready to fire up. I have finally sorted out which wires go where so will be wiring it the weekend. if it runs its the small jobs to finish like :-

replacing front end (ball joints, track rod ends, rubber boots etc)

lowering the car (not happy with the stance (pic above was lowered 1" on photoshop)

adjust clutch

make shifter

build grill

paint car

have fun.....

The idea is just to get ot on the road and enjoy it. Problem is that I have already identified a few areas that I am not happy with. I would like to de-clutter the engine bay a bit, detail the engine and paint the inner wings etc. Thing is the bonnet won't be opened very often anyway as its meant to be a driver, not a show car.

running a g/te tank at the moment and a 16v XE engine in it. the wheel well is still in at the mo (removed using photoshop), but might be removed soon. The wheels cost me about £700 (without tyres). Costly, but these really do make the car. When i couldn't get them in the right offset I was considering selling the car.

It might be for sale next year though as I can't justify keeping this one and my V8 B series, so when the B series is done it will most likely have to go. am trying to persuade the missus to have it as it would be hard to let it go after all the sweat and tears I've put into it.

quote:Originally posted by h0tr0dder_uk

running a g/te tank at the moment and a 16v XE engine in it. the wheel well is still in at the mo (removed using photoshop), but might be removed soon. The wheels cost me about £700 (without tyres). Costly, but these really do make the car. When i couldn't get them in the right offset I was considering selling the car.

id="quote">id="quote">

almost makes me wanna buy an A just to put those wheels on......

Pete M

OMOC 5885

MantaBB.jpg

looks ace with the single lights, A series Manta's can really look like baby muscle cars without too much work, lovely cars. i've got a daimler v8 engine floating around in the garage, was thinking about getting an A series and dropping it in there. May end up putting it in the Firenza though, although i have been intending to just put a CIH in the firenza with getrag 'box. but you guys keep swaying me with all your cool manta A projects!! [:P]

1984 GT/E Coupe, 1978 Cavalier, 1972 Firenza. OMOC # 5875