It Lives!!!

pat

After many hours upside down in the drivers footwell rewiring the fuse box, the red Gte finally coughed into life. Couldn't run it for too long as it had no water in but, other than no full beam light on the dash, everything seems to work, which is nice.[:D][:D][:D]

Happy New Year all

Publicity Officer

Frustrated rock legend

Cheers folks. I'm chuffed to bits. Took a while to track down a short circuit but once I'd sorted that the old beast started first turn. It now has 2 mini fuse boxes on an ally plate fitted where the old box went so I can use the blade type fuses. Rewarded it today by painting the alloys I bought at Billing in metallic black.[:D][:D]

Publicity Officer

Frustrated rock legend

Cheers Robbie. The car came with a sunroof but we cut the old roof off about 2 years ago and replaced it with a good non sunroof one I'd cut off a scrapper. The underneath has been stripped, primered, stonechipped and painted with truck chassis paint, many happy hours work, NOT.

It missed last show season, as did I, as I was unable to drive due to medical probs, but, as I can now drive again, it will be back as long as nothing else packs up!

Btw, I can tell how long I've spent on the car by the various layers of fag ash!

Publicity Officer

Frustrated rock legend

Nice job of the fuse box charlie a lot better than those silly ceramic crap fuses!! but one little comment i hope you dont mind me saying? the wires running thro the holes in the plate are not insulated and vibration after a time may rub the wire insulation and short? may i suggest useing clear silicon in the holes to protect the wires? to late now really to fit rubber grommets without stripping the connectors off, also did you find the bad earth that stopped the starter from working?

Regards

Mick

OMOC 1133 MIDLANDS AREA

WITH 1X 24V HATCH

Cheers for the comments chaps. Way ahead of you though. I've seen some stuff from, I think, Frost called brush on insulator which I plan to use around the terminals and sort something around the holes. I just wanted to make sure everything worked before I went too far.

Publicity Officer

Frustrated rock legend

I think the lifters are from a hatch if I remember rightly. Just done a bit more tarting underneath and tidying up the brackets for the cold air feed under the bonnet. Also started to sort the insulation around the fuse box area. Blew in a few bits of bodywork yesterday. It's starting to look something like![:D]

Publicity Officer

Frustrated rock legend

polishing-services@hotmail.co.uk