Overheating

Fc4ster

How do,

Got my 1.8 berlinetta back from the garage last week however still running hot. Replaced the thermostat valve and has had the timing set! Was told that maybe removing the thermostat valve altogether would solve my problem!?!? Would this work????

Thanks

Who told you that? - not the garage I hope..........

It will cool it down, but cause other problems i.e. no heater in the Winter to speak of, running rich (as the car thinks it is running cold) etc etc.

The actual problem needs to be traced and solved properly.

Like gary said. Check temp sender, wiring and voltage regulator. My 1800 runs halfway - 3 quarters with no thermostat in. New radiator, new viscous fan, new temp sender, various voltage regs and still the same :lol:

Thats another thing to try, vicous fan!

I got sick to the back teeth of the temp gauges playing up in my Manta's, I used to end up fitting aux temp gauges in the end to re-assure me that things were actually staying cooler than the temp gauge on the dash ditated.

Otherwise check you have enough coolant, if you slacken off top heater hose at the heater it should start leaking out water, if not jack up front of car to get rad cap higher than top heater hose then top u system until water exits top heater outlet/inlet.