1987 Manta B 1.8 Gt Hatch

marty GT

really dont want to do this but due to personal circumstances i'm going to have to sell my manta hatch. dont need to do much of a write up as the pictures will speak for themselves.the car is in very good original condition having been garaged most of its life and has also been used for concours by a previous owner. the car has a wallet full of history with it including mot's,bills etc and even has a copy of a magazine the car was featured in plus a concours certificate.

this car gets heads turning and really deserve's to go to a good home.

car has covered 47k 9 months mot 3 months tax.

£1750ono.

dscn0156d.jpg

dscn0150k.jpg

dscn0172k.jpg

dscn0173e.jpg

dscn0157y.jpg

dscn0162xl.jpg

dscn0163gk.jpg

scratch needs sorting out on front bumper.

dscn0152u.jpg

dscn0151e.jpg

dscn0148p.jpg

dscn0160k.jpg

dscn0155i.jpg

dscn0153a.jpg

dscn0154zb.jpg

dscn0149w.jpg

dscn0149w.jpg

dscn0158.jpg

Edited by marty GT

Thanks Marty . What is the best you can do on the price?

the question should perhaps be,whats the best you can do on price;)

christ,

i would have said that was a stinking cheap car,

a real bargain.

if only it was auto for my gf

cheers for comments,is a nice car gonna miss it but needs must:(

I could give you all the speil but it is a great looking car . The top I can go is 15 .

hi mike,thanks for the interest mate but to be honest the car really is worth the asking price so i'm reluctant to drop 250 i'm afraid. as well as being in great condition its also a rare model now,according to total vauxhall's endangered list there are only 35 1.8GT hatch's left on the road. i'd be very interested to know how many of the 35 are low mileage ex concours winning cars in very good original conditiondry.gif

this car sailed through its mot 3 months ago after being stored for 18 months.

Edited by marty GT

I looked at this car last week at Mikes house and it is a really good genuine car :thumbup

With very little effort this could be a serious concours contender again, i had a quick poke under it and it looked fine, the engine bay has very little rust a couple of hours would sort out, interior looked mint, loads of paperwork with it and this car is in the billing 03 mag, it was owned by Trevor Norton then i think Mick Mayer had it.

I would of bought this myself but i would of ruined it by putting in a valver :unsure:

hi mike,thanks for the interest mate but to be honest the car really is worth the asking price so i'm reluctant to drop 250 i'm afraid. as well as being in great condition its also a rare model now,according to total vauxhall's endangered list there are only 35 1.8GT hatch's left on the road. i'd be very interested to know how many of the 35 are low mileage ex concours winning cars in very good original conditiondry.gif

this car sailed through its mot 3 months ago after being stored for 18 months.

Hi Marty

Is the manta still available ?

think it wants original radio putting back in and off with vectra back box. nice mint car though very good start to a show car :thumbup . i have a 1.8 berlinetta hatch in almost standard form so only 33 to look for now :unsure:

good luck with the sale someone will buy it soon :)

Hi Marty

Is the manta still available ?

it is at the moment.

I have to agree with Kevin abbott, i too have seen this car in the flesh only a month or two ago and its in very good condition.

real shame you have to let it go marty!

kev

tell me about it kev i'm gonna miss it. drove to liecester and back in it last saturday with no trouble and the previous wednesday did a 150 mile run round north wales with a few chums on thier motorbikesB) ,dont really want to sell but due to curcumstances beyond my control i've not got many options .

think it wants original radio putting back in and off with vectra back box. nice mint car though very good start to a show car :thumbup . i have a 1.8 berlinetta hatch in almost standard form so only 33 to look for now :unsure:

good luck with the sale someone will buy it soon :)

believe me mate the radio that came with it really did look out of place in there,this one looks much neater and plays cd's too.i'm not in a rush to sell so i'm just waiting for the right person to come along and give it a good home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Now sitting in my garage,this is the one ive mentioned in "basic tech help" as having permanantely on ignition . which ive now sorted due to dodgy fuse box.

its still a great original gt. the arches still need doing and it drives like the 51k its now done nice and tight and quieter than my gt/e.

I have a std oe radio cassette to go back in thanks to yellowhusaberg on here .cheers mate.

and all being well will be coming to billing this year.

• Like 1