Monaco Blue 400R

robah

Cheers guys for the comments, Driving up the M6 was a pleasure even if it was raining heavily, car performed brilliantly and loud. :D

I can't thank Chris Collier enough for all the help and work he put in to the car to help me over the final hurdles.

I have to thank the OMOC forum and all the people who have assisted me over the rebuild of my car.. Big thank you for all major helpers to appear soon.

Definitely worth the £25 / year membership.

Car is under cover at the moment due to suspect fuel pump fault, which I will look in to at the weekend. Car ended up on a trailer back to my house on Sunday because of the fault. Turned over put would not fire. Breakdown guy didn't know what to do, probably not use to real mechanical problems :ph34r:. Breakdown wagon guy spent time taking photos of the car B)

I will get more photos up soon

• 11 months later...

Finally got my seats back for my car this weekend a big thanks to Phil at Kew Trimmers, Southport for doing the seats and Neil Boylan for putting me in touch with Phil. Also a big thanks for Retro Power for sourcing the material for the seats so many years ago.

WP_20141102_16_40_57_Pro_zps14ec4296.jpg

WP_20141102_16_41_10_Pro_zpsa1aab120.jpg

WP_20141102_16_41_33_Pro_zpsa087ee9f.jpg

WP_20141102_16_42_25_Pro_zpsc448e3b8.jpg

WP_20141102_16_42_33_Pro_zps3eba62f4.jpg

WP_20141102_16_44_17_Pro_zps3775a698.jpg

WP_20141102_16_44_03_Pro_zpsa263f40e.jpg

I know now how it must a felt to sit in a brand new recaro seat in a new car.

Need to decide on what to do with door cards etc, might make them darker to blend in with the seats, maybe go Dashboard colour? Any thoughts from anyone?

Now to start prepping for next year shows.

• Like 2

Love your Manta Rob, I have always said that I think the Manta seat is the most comfortable seat ever and yours with the Blitz material dont only look perfect but I can imagine they are perfectly comfortable too :) Hope your proud of your Manta

Cheers,

Jack

• Like 1

Love your Manta Rob, I have always said that I think the Manta seat is the most comfortable seat ever and yours with the Blitz material dont only look perfect but I can imagine they are perfectly comfortable too :) Hope your proud of your Manta

Cheers,

Jack

It is definitely an upgrade to do for the car, makes a great addition to all the other mods. Phil showed me how bad the original Chicago Grey Material had got underneath the cover.

I will have to get some tailored seat covers to protect the seats when not in use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Manta moved for the first time in at least 18 months, it's amazing how you forget how hard it is to move at low speed without PAS. Hopefully now I have made some space I will be able to get some work done.

Car needs some TLC on the bodywork so will be looking for a decent bodyshop soon to assist in freshening it up.

I would have put a picture here but with it only being 1.72Mb size, the forum is saying I can't load it as it is bigger than 20Mb. I can't be arsed with it so I might try again in another lifetime

Edit: tried again with uploading picture and it worked B), I was tired and grumpy last night, :unsure:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by robah
Uploading picture
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1