New Project, 400 Rep

Novasportc550

i spy with my little eye, a crusty chassie rail !!!

now there's something unusual on a Manta.... NOT !!!

Yes, the normal rust spots but your making fast work of tackling them, keep the sparks flying from your magic wand ( welder ! ) and the Manta will good and strong again, Billing next year ?

i spy with my little eye, a crusty chassie rail !!! now there's something unusual on a Manta.... NOT !!! Yes, the normal rust spots but your making fast work of tackling them, keep the sparks flying from your magic wand ( welder ! ) and the Manta will good and strong again, Billing next year ?
Yea needs both sides done, my plan is to weld both A pillars in, inner arches repaired, back arches cut out for the 400 kit, then put her on the roll over jig to do the chassic legs and clean the under sealer of ready for shot blasting..

Got these new lamps and h/lamp bezels today in the post thanks to paulmanta.. null_zps40647a92.jpgnull_zpse01d41eb.jpg Cut the rear arch of and drivers sill. Offered up the rear 400 arch for trail fit and set on sill to check fitting. Bit of welding to do behind the sill at the rear before I can weld the sill on... null_zps7f916dbe.jpgnull_zps7e65e8b7.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good and that kit looks really impressive how do the rear arches attach, im about to set to on the ones on mine. What happened to the hatchback is it in bits or did it get saved, it didnt look too bad from the photos and what are you doing with the original bezels are they for sale.

Still would be nice to see another red 400R out there mind.

Edited by steveopel

Looking good and that kit looks really impressive how do the rear arches attach, im about to set to on the ones on mine. What happened to the hatchback is it in bits or did it get saved, it didnt look too bad from the photos and what are you doing with the original bezels are they for sale. Still would be nice to see another red 400R out there mind.
Hi, the rear arches bolt on, I still have to drill the holes for it, but need to get the sill fitted to make sure it all lines up.. Doner car didn't make it, died 3 months ago. :-( Red would be nice, but have my heart set on white.. :-)