This A Series Looks Good

I suspect it was a tall story and he does this sort of thing as a side line business. It will be an interesting conversation when he calls to pick up a few more bits this Sunday. I thought I had priced it reasonably, but judging from the bidding, Manta A prices have risen considerably recently.

Yes your right about the prices and every time I have seen an A Series they always go for a lot more than their younger B Series relatives. Not sure when they started to rise exactly but It's the same story with all mantas and they are now at least double what they used to be. But the A Series always seems to be worth more looking at all the Ebay ads etc.

Such a shame this didnt get advertised here first to give memebers first chance at it, especially at the selling price from Mark. So now its in the hands of a "trader" whos going to make fast buck (or thousand)

Tony

• Like 1

Ah man...Mark if I'd known you were selling ( especially at that price) I'd have been seriously tempted. In terms of having been restored by John Sneddon, your car and mine are 'sisters', would have been good to reunite them!

I have noticed that sometimes even if people are club member they will advertise their Mantas elsewhere first and I don't know why. Like Kenny's really nice B series has been sold but I think he sold it through the Car and Classic website rather than the club. I'm probably missing something here but can't work it out. Also not many Mantas appear on the club that often for sale, I know there have been a few recently but apart from the Red GT and those two free ones it seems to be fairly dead. Shame in a way because I would like to buy my first Manta from the club.

Jack.

Sorry Guys I had planned to give folks here first refusal, but I am trying to move on things to tight deadlines and he caught me whilst I was in the final stages of pre sale prep. I do recall being totally unable to sell a car here previously and ended up giving it away to another club member.

Although it is a bitter pill to swallow, if Manta prices are on the rise so substantially, it will actually be of benefit to their preservation.

All too often in the past cars were broken due to being uneconomic to repair or worth more as spares. And it will also stop them being run into the ground by cheap skate owners.

• Like 1

To be fair Kenny did try to sell it here but had no takers.

If i were Mark when the dealer turned up today to pick up the spares i would have told him to fook off.

If Mark had asked the question on the forum "what do you think my A series is worth, i don't think any of us would have said to let it go for less than £4000

That's the value of this forum you may get differing opinions but you will always get useful & friendly advice.

The problem with trying to sell a Manta on here is that most of us have already got one ( or more) so probably can't risk the divorce that may follow a purchase...........

However if any one knows of nice Centaur for sale ;)

• Like 1

The problem with trying to sell a Manta on here is that most of us have already got one ( or more) so probably can't risk the divorce that may follow a purchase...........

However if any one knows of nice Centaur for sale ;)

There are still some people looking for Mantas and Asconas here, so if you want to sell on your Manta or Ascona to buy a Centaur, then let me know Dave :)

Neville

Dealers are always on the look out for bargains & they trawl the internet & classic car ads for such cars, i don't have a problem with that.

The sorry thing with this deal is that had the owner put it up for sale on here first i am sure his email box would have been full of PM's within hours & i would have been one of them.

I know a lot of people don't like using Flea Bay but as has been shown with this "A" it does generally show the true value of a classic i.e. its worth what some one is willing to pay.

To be fair that's sold for more than I would have valued it at, I would have put it at about £2500, although without seeing the car it's hard to value. It's certainly time I revised the valuation on mine.

The car was quite possibly a good 'un, and with a justifiable MOT would be worth strong money. However as a car that had been off road for a number of years needing at least some welding (and without proper inspection who knows how much), as well as some interior problems and other recommissioning I would've said about £2500. If I'd seen the car I my well have revised that upwards. The fact that it has done so well shows that maybe values have risen by more than I thought. It'll be interesting to see what the silver one does now it's relisted with no reserve