Parts Wanted For My Hatch

Jack

Hi Mantaclub my Hatch is in need of some little bits to finish it off and they are silly little trim bits so I am going to list them and if you have any I will be very interested, cheers! :)

I need,

Ariel - my friend has got one of these so im in luck with that

Radio - my friend might have one of these

The alluminium strip that goes on the front between the bumper and grille

New boot lock

Two kick panels for passenger and driver

Alternator

Think thats about it for now :)

Jack

Do you want standard kick panels or the aluminium type that Clive makes?

Thanks

Hi Jack

I would recommend Clives alloy ones they are very well made and the standard ones always fall apart eventually lol

Cheers

Dave

I bought two sets but I only need one now. So I will let you have them for the price I bought them as I'm not sure Clive has any more at the moment?

I would like to buy both please but I will fit the standard ones first to keep my Manta original. How much would you want for your alluminium ones Snowy?

I might have (don't think I have chucked them yet?) standard kick panels if your interested, would just want Postage already boxed.

PM me if your interested and I will look for them.

If you still have them let me know and I will buy them off you :)

I would like to buy both please but I will fit the standard ones first to keep my Manta original. How much would you want for your alluminium ones Snowy?

If you read through the advert it was £65 for the parts and £8 postage.

Thanks

What is the matter with your boot lock ?  Does the car have one key that does it all ?

Hi, I have three sets of keys with my Manta and have tried them all. The previous owner told me that the lock itself is seized and I have tried to open it from the inside of the Manta by getting a screwdriver and trying to open the latch but havent managed to open it that way, may be doing something wrong?

take off the cardboard panel inside the hatch by lying inside the back with the shelf out. look inside you can see the lock. using a screw driver and small hammer loosen the locking ring holding the lock into the hatch lid. this will take time as its a fine thread eventually the lock will fall out on the floor outside of the car. go round back of car place a screw driver into lock turn clockwise and hatch will open. easy just takes time and patience. :unsure:

• Like 1

take off the cardboard panel inside the hatch by lying inside the back with the shelf out. look inside you can see the lock. using a screw driver and small hammer loosen the locking ring holding the lock into the hatch lid. this will take time as its a fine thread eventually the lock will fall out on the floor outside of the car. go round back of car place a screw driver into lock turn clockwise and hatch will open. easy just takes time and patience. :unsure:

Just to help here is a picture of a lock removed from a hatch. The part Rutts is telling you to turn is circled.

lock_zps16774cf4.png

Edited by Snowy

Hi Jack, I still have them boxed and are in a solid condition for age just a little worn around the edge as normal.

Box size is 48 x 38 x 11cm in size and roughly 1.65Kg in weight. Via www.Interparcel.com (which I use) it comes in at £4.20 including VAT.

If you still want them all I am asking for is the postage.

I have a pair of Clive's aluminium kick panels in my car.

PM me your email and I can arrange the collection and delivery for you.

Hi Jack, I still have them boxed and are in a solid condition for age just a little worn around the edge as normal.

Box size is 48 x 38 x 11cm in size and roughly 1.65Kg in weight. Via www.Interparcel.com (which I use) it comes in at £4.20 including VAT.

If you still want them all I am asking for is the postage.

I have a pair of Clive's aluminium kick panels in my car.

PM me your email and I can arrange the collection and delivery for you.

Thanks very much for this favour and the only free time I have to go to the post office is weekends....so next Saturday is the earliest I can get you a postal order, is this okay?

Thanks very much for this favour and the only free time I have to go to the post office is weekends....so next Saturday is the earliest I can get you a postal order, is this okay?

Yeah not a problem, I take you don't have a PayPal account?

Thanks to Snowy and Rutts trying to help but I dont really understand :/

As Rutts said;

1. Fold your back seats down.
  2. Remove the parcel shelf to get a bit more access. A little fiddly but doable with the hatch shut.
  3. Remove the card trim on the hatch itself that sits infront of the lock.
  4. If you look you should see the back of the lock, unscrew the nut on the lock and it will just push out.
  5. Then you can use a flat bladed screwdriver to turn the mechanisum the same way the the extension bar on the lock would have done.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As Rutts said;

1. Fold your back seats down.
  2. Remove the parcel shelf to get a bit more access. A little fiddly but doable with the hatch shut.
  3. Remove the card trim on the hatch itself that sits infront of the lock.
  4. If you look you should see the back of the lock, unscrew the nut on the lock and it will just push out.
  5. Then you can use a flat bladed screwdriver to turn the mechanisum the same way the the extension bar on the lock would have done.

Cheers :thumbup , I have seen a complete lock set on Ebay so I could get myself that because either way my one needs to come out. Thanks for the help :)

• 1 month later...

The alternator is something you can get from a good motor factor/parts shop but you need to test your existing one first.

The strip for under the headlights was not fitted to cars with twin lights because the twin light don't have the little screws fitted to hold the strip.

The wiper motor for the rear is probably ok, the wiring is more than likely broke at the hatch hinge location.

Get Chris Collier or someone with more experience to look the car over for you and watch what they do

Mine isnt originally a twin headlight Car mine has had them put in which is the reason that there is a gap. I am getting my alternator repaired but I need to find somewhere because I am using my friends that I need to give him back. Dont know about the wiper motor because cant lift the Hatch up and I am going to Chris Colliers this sunday so he can change me my locks as they are not really useable anymore. Only the ignition one is useable. I am taking my winding mechanism down as well to see if he can fix it. I havent been able to find an alternator from my motor factors as they all come back with the same reason that its a 30 year old Car and they cant get the parts off the shelf anymore. I cant even get a clutch and at this rate I think I am going to pay alot for an OMP Road Race Clutch as I certainly wont be able to get one of those from a local motorfactors. The locks will be a big improvement to it then I can sort out the issue at the back with the lights and get on with other things that need oding like the Clutch.

At this point I think Chris is your best bet.  Write a list out and take it with you.

He will help with all of those problems, none are even remotely hard to sort out but you need more experience of parts finding than you have at the moment.

List in order of priority.

Locks, while doing this the boot will get opened.

Window mech. he can sort it or condemn it.

Rear wiper. again, once the boot opens it easy  to check for 12v to the motor with the ignition on and the switch on.

Alternator, Chris might know a place to re-build your alternator.

Ask about clutch, I think (as I said in another thread) that there is probably sod all wrong with it and you just have a squeaky bearing, a squirt of chain lube normally sorts that out.

The aluminium strip will need modifications to the twin lights to fit, you will need to add a screw in the right place to hold the strip in place.  A better solution is to loosen the front (13mm) bumper bolts in the chassis legs and lift the bumper up a tiny bit to close the gap off. that's what Opel did !

P.

In fact, if you ever need parts for the Manta call Chris at B&R Factors, he would probably post stuff to you and he is in the OMOC and is a parts expert !  You don't need a "race clutch" in your car.

http://www.yell.com/biz/b-and-r-factors-ltd-ammanford-901084282/

What I am trying to say is that if you don't build up a network of Manta friendly suppliers you might as well give up and buy a Nissan micra !  The parts are out there and you need to get your hunting skills refined.

Edited by paulmanta
  • Like 1