Manta Gte Coupe Exec New Member.

Hi to all the guys and girls in the Manta owners club, I have just purchased a 1988 GTE coupe exec its in generally very good condition although since driving back from Manchester and not using for a few weeks the brake calliper's are playing up (sticking on) and currently having problems tracking down any suggestions? I purchased a new Manta coupe in 1985 and had it for around 12 years before letting go and always missed it so now I am looking forward to getting this one back on the road and maybe meeting fellow enthusiast's and maybe even showing, I live in Slough Berks but will travel to get together with members, photos to follow, I will look forward to catching up soon, Regards David    :rolleyes:

• Like 3

hi the original manta brakes are know for this, sticking on every once in a while, if i was you i would upgrade your braking system to early 16v vax calipers of astra/cavaliers etc and have the audi 80 256mm disc, manta sport can supply the disc as they need to be drilled and bored out. 

Type in Big brake upgrade on forum

• Like 1

Welcome to the club forum Dave, hope you get your brakes sorted defo worth thinking of upgrading the brakes in the future (nothing wrong with original system), just a nice little upgrade to better stopping power.

• Like 1

Hi Dave, Welcome to Manta World UK,

you live in the area overseen by honary president Ron Daymond, the West London area, there is a monthly meet at the Coy Carp pub near Harefield on the first tuesday of the month, 7pm.

if i have got this right here is a link to ggooogglleee maps showing the Coy Carp Pub on Copper Mill lane -

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6110988,-0.5002923,16z?hl=en

There is also the Uxbridge Car show which the Opel Manta OC attends, here's a link -

http://www.uxbridgeautoshow.com/

And of course there is the Annual Vauxhall / Bedford / Opel Association show at Billing Aquadrome near Northampton, 11/12th of July, this is a must do event for any Manta owner.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

I know that i have not any ignition barrels/locks, they are something that wears out on Vauxhalls so they are scarce, i might have a heater fan, i am having a major clearout of the container i have got, ( full of spares, some of them might even be usefull !! ) so i if i turn one up i'll put it aside for you.

• Like 1