Cih Inlet For Bike Carbs

rutts

Bogg bros have made at least one (which was for Shug) not their best work in my opinion, couple of little bits could have been done better.

Oh and it just happens to now be sat in my garage waiting to be fitted to my mates 2.4 engine, so if you want a look at it you know where it is. (and no he won't sell it)

2.0 is different to 2.2 so you'd need to send them a gasket.

The one they made for me took no account of the bolts! Had to use allen key headed bolts. The standard manifold bolts would not fit because of the flange. Even then I had to file/dremel away some of the manifold to make the room for bolts to fit. Which of course necessitated drilling and tapping the head to M10 as I couldn't find M9 bolts. 

Plus they never rejetted the carbs like they said they would, not that that affects the manifold but to be honest I was pretty underwhelmed of the service after all the good reviews of the company.

Andy,

Is this for your 1.9 or the 2.2? I contacted bogg bros quite a while ago about bike carb conversions for my 2.2. After a bit of discussion they reckoned the only size carb that would cut it was from a v twin, thunderace I think, and would need 2 sets so the cost was mega. I gave up with going that route.

Chris

Not all carbs have adjustable needles. Mine didn't, so I went and bought some that did only to find the standard ones were set the same as 2nd notch circlip ones.

The most important thing tho with bike carbs on a CIH is, in my opinion, a heatshield between the exhaust manifold and carbs.

Or a fire extinguisher and good breakdown cover.

I'll let you guess how I found that out!

• Like 2