Manta A series rebuild - Phase 2 C20 LET

Paul Barrett

On 14/01/2020 at 21:19, Paul Barrett said:

Let me know when mate, will have to meet up! 

sounds like a plan. I will keep you posted on progress. Depends on how soon i get the loom in and the new injection setup. With the way the weather is at the moment it could be a while 🙂

• 2 months later...

If I could load all the pics would explain more, but too high resolution for this site to enable. 

basically cut out the light bucket and made new ones for the lotus clusters to sit further in. 
they still need wedding in and wiring. 
had these for 10 years, were meant for the V8 project so

may aswell make use as that is no more! 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Centres cut out in the lathe as my Hole seas in one of my other vans across town typical.

glad I still have the large to do that lol. 

Looking good, i like the black surround, finishes them off nicely.

One good think about being in lock-down is i have got loads done on my A and the missus doesn't moan as she is happy to have me out of the house 🙂

Will hopefully get the old Omex connected up this week and then im almost ready for the road, when we can go out!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

I might have my sister photoshop the surrounds in silver and grey to see what they look like 

Be good to see how the colour changes to look of it.

I tried photoshopping bonnet stripes on mine to see what it looked lie but i was so rap at doing it i couldn't tell if it would look good or not 🙂

You got it, have a type 9 conversion bellhousing just need to fab up an adapter plate, 15mm thick, a pain as I have 20mm plate sat around hut that’s too much and wouldn’t allow enough of the input shaft to protrude into the spigot bearing. 

• Thanks 1

Messi g about making a selector for the box.

gland I haven’t sold the lathe yet! 
oulsbt of been able to open the centre hole up or bore the aluminium tubes out for the stanchions.
just the clevice yo make now, hopefully will all work as expected.  

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

13 minutes ago, Paul Barrett said:

It is cable yes, but I’ll just use a Vauxhall fed transducer on it for my electronic clocks (have a pulse amplifier too)

Hmm will need to revisit this in the future to pick your brains 😉

Edited by Jessopia74

no probs,

ive also attar bit of research found CAD measurements for the 265 bell housing and the type 9 bell housing, I have a c20xe/type bell housing to use. once I source some plate aluminium I can crack on making the adapter. could really do with a pillar drill as I don't have the milling machine anymore to get the hole accurately drilled.....

well the shifter needs more tweaks, not quite enough throw on it side to side, adjusting the angle of the clevis either gives good reverse shifted or the other way none but good 5th. can't quite get it. also the front two stanchions get in the way in either directions with he twerks.

so I'm going to slim down the clevise to make it narrower to clear the stanchions and lengthen the pivot on the shifter, in theory should work lol.

Well a stroke of luck for the getrag conversion. 
I kept the tilton hydraulic release bearing I had planned for my V8 Manta  build Tremec TKO600 (silly money), and you know what.... it fits the getrag box! 
So some dosh saved there! And something I don’t have to work out for a change! 
Also finally template for the adapter plate, I have 20mm T6 plate but needs to be 15mm, so plan is to get it cut out but not the center and slim it down in the lathe as it is enough throw with the gap bed removed! .

• Like 2