3ltr i240 kitted manta coupe

"Full nut and bolt restoration of an original GTE 3.0"

Didn't realise they made a i300 for UK spec cars, but as it says i300 replica it's probably just a misprint.

Lovely looking car and price always creeping up every time it is for sale, just a pity no one seems to keep hold of it and enjoy a full driving experience it should have. I would be grinning from ear to ear if I had it in my possession.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, plumster said:

Bit confused (yeah, what's new), did Opel offer a 3.0 litre version of the GTE?

Opel did an i300 which apart from the engine was identical to a manta 400,nearly all of which were not imported over to us brits,except for one which was blue.:blink:

There was no 3ltr version of a gte to answer your question directly,and avoid sounding like a politician.:lol:

However there was an irmscher 2 slot b (narrow body) special edition armed with a six shooter,but I think this was European market only, back then that is.

Found this pic of one as it happens.:blink:

manta_irmscher_2800_07.jpg

manta_irmscher_2800_04.jpg

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 3

Do like the flared arches on this car.

8 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Opel did an i300 which apart from the engine was identical to a manta 400,nearly all of which were not imported over to us brits,except for one which was blue.:blink:

There was no 3ltr version of a gte to answer your question directly,and avoid sounding like a politician.:lol:

However there was an irmscher 2 slot b (narrow body) special edition armed with a six shooter,but I think this was European market only, back then that is.

Found this pic of one as it happens.:blink:

manta_irmscher_2800_07.jpg