Vin number

veron

Hi lads ran into a bit a trouble getting my manta nct,d irish mot there was welding done on the floor at some stage and i think theyve replaced a section where the vin was stamped on the body is it only stamped on 1 section .what are my options ??

think vin plates can be got new, unstamped, if you have details from log book.

either search vin plate here, or google it, seen them somewhere, or maybe it was opel parts site, if you dont get sorted, give me a shout, see can i find them on search! 

Mine is the same as in the floor is rotten round and through the VIN stamped in the floor between the O/S/F seat and inner sill. Im going to take pictures of whats left of the VIN in the floor now, cut it out and replace. Then stamp the VIN back in the new metal.

If the floor one has been welded over or cut out for repair the only thing you can do is to buy some stamps and re-stamp the floor pan. If you have paper work to support the removal of that part of the floor it might be enough. 

Just a question, Does the DVLA cover NI or is it a seperate branch?

• Like 1

DVLA is northern ireland only, but different from uk, its mot centres, ie, civil servants, government worked, a bunch of @#$%^$, if you ask me.

Ah, not too bad, if your straight with em and dont take any shit. 

Vernon, as for your stamp, the hardest part is the *, maybe you can leave this out. 

Ive had to cut one out, but Ive kept the old rusty one, to show them. I have the stamps, not even gonna stamp the new, they can go and !?!?!?.

Stamps should be on ebay

• Like 1