Black GTE Hatch

Seems to have been taken down early.

The description didn’t seem to clarify if it was Cat C or D which would make quite a difference but maybe I missed something. 

Edited by Trooker

i suppose in reality 90% of all our mantas will have had more repairs on them now than what would have written off a car when it was relatively new so a cat c or d shouldnt realy make a difference nowadays to a new owner. the insurance would be the defining factot however 

• Like 1

As long as it has been done right, it shows as it should be blue on the hpi light check you can get for free , looking at the pictures it seems to be black under the bonnet so perhaps it had a full reshell. The only other thing the interior is out of an earlier vehicle, wouldn't be an issue for me as I prefer it but might have been for some. Anyway seems to have been pulled from sale 🙄 must admit to having an eye on it as a potentially cheap ready to drive Manta.

Edited by TheRealExile
Add

18 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

As long as it has been done right, it shows as it should be blue on the hpi light check you can get for free , looking at the pictures it seems to be black under the bonnet so perhaps it had a full reshell. The only other thing the interior is out of an earlier vehicle, wouldn't be an issue for me as I prefer it but might have been for some. Anyway seems to have been pulled from sale 🙄 must admit to having an eye on it as a potentially cheap ready to drive Manta.

So it’s a ringer? 

• Haha 1

Isn't a ringer where the intent is to deceive? A lot of reshelling goes on in the classic scene, how it should be declared is another matter of course! Does the car keep it's original reg and vin or does it take on that of the shell? What I would say is Stan tells me he  bought it from a dealer it seems who didn't tell him it was Cat C, now that is naughty and shows if correct it pays to do a full check on anything you buy.

Edited by TheRealExile
Can't type.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Isn't a ringer where the intent is to deceive? A lot of reshelling goes on in the classic scene, how it should be declared is another matter of course! Does the car keep it's original reg and vin or does it take on that of the shell? What I would say is Stan tells me he  bought it from a dealer it seems who didn't tell him it was Cat C, now that is naughty and shows if correct it pays to do a full check on anything you buy.

It’s always questionable mate unless was a new none ID shell. If the shell has had to be re stamped, then it’s a ringer in my opinion as it is not a legal thing to do.

I’m certain there were photos of a full respray as well as pics of a new roof skin from 2018 which is all work Stan has done at a proper body shop so the colour change inside & out is recent. He said on car & classic or somewhere similar that the 1.8 engine & box had been changed for a CIH before his ownership. 
Martin’s Invergorden link rings a bell with me too & if you read ‘Biffy’s comment, filler above the lights & a shot sunroof surround on a late exclusive is no surprise & makes sense that a new skin was the best solution. 
As for cat C - It could well have had a nasty knock & been on a jig & straightened but equally just how much or how little did a 13 year old car need to get the insurance 20 odd years ago... Slight distortion in the infamous chassis leg/swan neck that most everyone has had work done on since plus a wing & a light?  Bent strut? Bent alloy? New shell?! It’s all conjecture. 
The new owner seems really chuffed with the car best of luck to him. 

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1231408

Edited by Trooker
Added hyperlink