Wheel help

mantacrazy22

i echo the above et35 7.5j is perfect on the manta without any strut or arch contact but you have to factor the springs in if your going down the lowering route that is👍

However i have often thought if we leave things as GM  intended life would be so much simpler👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mantacrazy22 said:

My intention was to leave it as gm intended but it's to tempting to throw in a few mods don't think I'll be lowering but will see what it looks like when I eventually get new wheels cheers and all the best 

nice one mate mine is actually on 40mm  spax  springs and its about right but borderline without rolling the arch.

Happy new year to you and all...jase👍

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, evo3000 said:

nice one mate mine is actually on 40mm  spax  springs and its about right but borderline without rolling the arch.

Happy new year to you and all...jase👍

My silver 1.8 coupe in the pics is on -40mm but that was from the original 1.8 ride height, that I think is +25mm higher than STD GTE.  And it's about right as it looks great. 

• Like 1

I've run 7x15 ET25 wheels and they are fine even on a lowered car, infact i'm currently running 7x16" et25 on my hatch too.

Have a look at https://www.willtheyfit.com and you can see just how much more there is inboard/outboard with different widths and offsets. Very useful to visualise it. From memory the BMW crosswire 7x15's that many people ran at one point are et25 7x15's, they fill the arches nicely but do not rub. Think i even have a set in my wheel pile still.

With et25 on a 7" rim the outer edge is 3.65mm further out than the et35 7.5" example of evo3000 above. So if they fit well the narrower 7" will also work with the lower number offset.

The 7.5" rim is 12.7mm wider than the 7", 6.35mm of that is each side if the offset was the same et25 as the 7" wide one. But the offset is et35 which pushes the whole wheel inboard 10mm. So that outer edge would then be 3.65mm in from the outer edge of the 7" et25. The inner edge of the 7.5"et35 is 16.35mm further in than the 7"et25

Oh and for reference if you use the willtheyfit site the standard GT/e alloys are 6x14" et30 with 195/60/14 tyres so you can see what a different tyre size will do to your speedo accuracy at the same time as width for clearance.

• Like 2

Forgot to phone home guys ..my et is 25 not 35 as previously stated on 7'5 rims with 40mm spax lowering springs.will try to find a pic so you can see how she sits but she is still waiting for new paint so looks no where near as good as Dans sadly👍

DSCN0280.JPG

• Like 2