GTE wiring diagram

seanpren

Hi lads 

Has anyone got a wiring diagram for a GTE? 

My car was dismantled over a decade ago and the labels are all beyond readable. 

If anyone has any pics of which plug is for where that would be ideal. The interior clock cables aren't labeled, the plug for the heater isn't labeled and I'm not sure if it's even there at this stage. Looks like it got a proper butchering before so I want to do a decent job on tidying it. 

Pics paint a thousand words as they say lol 

Thanks in advance 

yes get a haynes .later manta one with the supplement section.

and a good multimeter if you havnt already got one. 

the loom is only a basic one realy ,nothing complicated and a lot (not all) of the plugs are coded ,others will fall into place when its fitted. body loom is one unit with fusebox and engine loom (if you have injection) is a seperate loom. 

any other pictures/ questions etc and someone will help .

• Like 1

Yeah I can see its basic enough alright but it's just the mass of unlabeled spade connectors is doing my head in lol! Have a haynes ordered, hopefully be easy sort out anyways! 

It's only the body loom really as I'm running an XE with standalone management which thankfully has a new loom! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, seanpren said:

Yeah I can see its basic enough alright but it's just the mass of unlabeled spade connectors is doing my head in lol! Have a haynes ordered, hopefully be easy sort out anyways! 

It's only the body loom really as I'm running an XE with standalone management which thankfully has a new loom! 

It’s only ignition live, green tacho, fuel pump (blue iirc) and earth? 

Post pics of the plugs here an I'll tell you what they do. Bonus points for if you can lay it out so i get a view of other bits to sort of orient it a bit for me.

The body loom only joins the injection loom at one 4 pin plug.  its simple enough to sort out once you get your head around the colours and general idea of it all.

Should be out at the car tomorrow will send you some pics thanks 

Ah it's not that stuff Jess, it's a bunch of spades under the dash mostly. Also the clock wasn't connected and the speaker in the dash wasn't either and there's a load of spades there unlabeled (not by me) so it's a bit of a minefield really! 

Some under dash stuff doesn't do anything, there are front fog lights that have the plugs in the loom but if you don't have them fitted they are not used.  The other stuff is stereo wiring and clock stuff but that another smaller sub loom that plugs to the bottom of the fuse box and is something I tend to upgrade anyway. 

• Like 1