Intro

Hi,

Been a been a  distant Manta Club observer for a while, now very much in the process of returning my 86GTE Exclusive Coupe to the road,

Trying to log into the "Join Club" link and only finding a misdirect/not found page notice,

Can anyone point me right direction,

Thanks

David

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 456Manta said:

Hi,

Been a been a  distant Manta Club observer for a while, now very much in the process of returning my 86GTE Exclusive Coupe to the road,

Trying to log into the "Join Club" link and only finding a misdirect/not found page notice,

Can anyone point me right direction,

Thanks

David

Yeah seems to be broken mate 😬

@Admin The kink has issues can you help ? 

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

Np.

Frustrates me that we gave potential club members been put off by silly problems.

@Irmscher Man Can you help with this issue mate or give our site admin the heads-up about the problem 

Know what you mean Jess, no overly welcoming from a newbie's point of view, 

Anyway, putting aside paying out for membership (always happy to keep £s in pocket) could do with a bit of help, nothing to serious I hope,

Could do with some pics if possible around the back of the engine/bulkhead from servo to proportional valve showing 2 x brake pipe run and wonder if anyone could assist, 

Btw, car is the "Safari Spec" GTE Exclusive from Car Cave I bought couple years back, finally getting around to getting things sorted and not far from first ride out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 456Manta said:

Know what you mean Jess, no overly welcoming from a newbie's point of view, 

Anyway, putting aside paying out for membership (always happy to keep £s in pocket) could do with a bit of help, nothing to serious I hope,

Could do with some pics if possible around the back of the engine/bulkhead from servo to proportional valve showing 2 x brake pipe run and wonder if anyone could assist, 

Btw, car is the "Safari Spec" GTE Exclusive from Car Cave I bought couple years back, finally getting around to getting things sorted and not far from first ride out.

Is this for the valve feed? I don’t have specific picture of bay, but can help with master and bias valve connections. Let me know if you don’t see pics attached as I can email them or something 

IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0639.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Is this for the valve feed? I don’t have specific picture of bay, but can help with master and bias valve connections. Let me know if you don’t see pics attached as I can email them or something 

IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0639.jpeg

thanks Jess, just got to find a  proportional valve, master cylinder being refurbed 

18 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Np.

Frustrates me that we gave potential club members been put off by silly problems.

@Irmscher Man Can you help with this issue mate or give our site admin the heads-up about the problem 

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

It frustrates me that we often get these little silly issues and it puts people off joining what is otherwise a very useful club and a friendly bunch of people, but these issues can make us all look like we don't care - which of course is not true. The Technology does let us down from time to time and as people have day jobs etc, we often dont get to see the issues until it is too late.

I have reported the issues to the webmaster, so that can be investigated.

One of the options I would try is to clear your browser cache, and try again. 

In Chrome
  1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More. Clear browsing data.
  3. Select a time range, like Last hour or All time.
  4. Select the types of information you want to remove.
  5. Click Clear data.
  6. Close the Browser and restart and try to access the page again.

The membership options should then be visible by using the following link - https://membership.mantaclub.org/

(If you are already a member and logged in, you will not be able to see this page).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irmscher Man said:

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

It frustrates me that we often get these little silly issues and it puts people off joining what is otherwise a very useful club and a friendly bunch of people, but these issues can make us all look like we don't care - which of course is not true. The Technology does let us down from time to time and as people have day jobs etc, we often dont get to see the issues until it is too late.

I have reported the issues to the webmaster, so that can be investigated.

One of the options I would try is to clear your browser cache, and try again. 

In Chrome
  1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More. Clear browsing data.
  3. Select a time range, like Last hour or All time.
  4. Select the types of information you want to remove.
  5. Click Clear data.
  6. Close the Browser and restart and try to access the page again.

The membership options should then be visible by using the following link - https://membership.mantaclub.org/

(If you are already a member and logged in, you will not be able to see this page).

It’s working now, but was 100% broken as I tested it with DuckDuckGo &VPN in case it was cache issue. Bug in the system? 

Thankyou Paul,

Appreciated, 

have now followed your link and brings me to a "Welcome back David" page asking why I haven't paid and wanting me to pay for a Trader membership, not sure if I've done something my end but sure as confused 

got to say in this world of phishing/hacking, after lack of assistance to join up I now very little confidence to give over my credit card details to join up !!

Great shame :(

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, 456Manta said:

got to say in this world of phishing/hacking, after lack of assistance to join up I now very little confidence to give over my credit card details to join up !!

Great shame :(

One of the good things about the site is that we will never directly ask you for a credit card number. When you need to pay for anything either for membership or for items in the club shop, you will get redirected to PayPal, which is a safer option. 

As with anything run by volunteers, it can take time to identify and resolve any issues as everyone looking after the forum has a day job to do. Sorry if it has been a painful experience but it always appreciated when someone highlights an issue. It may just be a while until Stuart gets around to investigating it. 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2024 at 12:53, 456Manta said:

thanks Jess, just got to find a  proportional valve, master cylinder being refurbed 

I have good used brake proportional valves for gte at £30 plus postage and packing 

• Like 2

On 14/04/2024 at 14:43, MrCarlos said:

I have good used brake proportional valves for gte at £30 plus postage and packing 

Hi MrCarlos

Thanks for your offer, if ok would def be happy to buy from you, what's best way for you to sort money etc

On 14/04/2024 at 10:51, Irmscher Man said:

One of the good things about the site is that we will never directly ask you for a credit card number. When you need to pay for anything either for membership or for items in the club shop, you will get redirected to PayPal, which is a safer option. 

As with anything run by volunteers, it can take time to identify and resolve any issues as everyone looking after the forum has a day job to do. Sorry if it has been a painful experience but it always appreciated when someone highlights an issue. It may just be a while until Stuart gets around to investigating it. 

PayPal is a great option, I tend to steer clear of buying from sites that don't have the option.

On 14/04/2024 at 10:51, Irmscher Man said:

Thanks for reply, will keep trying, 

1 hour ago, 456Manta said:

Hi MrCarlos

Thanks for your offer, if ok would def be happy to buy from you, what's best way for you to sort money etc

Ill send you a private message now 🙂