New build

stumpy

Apparently well known car needs lots of work. Top half is not to bad  front  floors and boot floor are the worst

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 5

I don't think the current floor panels cover the full extent of rot I have  here 

Dave Deakin was remanufacturing splashback panels and I believe the tray on the bulkhead where the heater goes anyone know if he's still doing them  the inner wings are a little rough but  I think inner wing panels are available

• Like 1

It was a 1.9  auto   I didn't get the  engine box or glass with the car but I have a  glass set sorted I believe and ime thinking of fitting a V8 lexus. Motor  being it's a blank canvas in thatvregrds

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Message Dave, I believe he does them in batches but his stuff is spot on ( got a set of all he made for black exclusive when we get there).

inner wing tops was available from TJmotorsport, along with a few other bits. Rest your looking at Germany/Belgium or go with cuts from a good shell. 

Interestingly, considered the LS motor. Lots of options and in SA they seem to put them in everything. Can still find Early non vvti thick rods for sub 1K pop up on FB regularly too. 

Edited by Jessopia74

To keep stock or modify is the question gearbox tunnel has been slightly hacked already  there are plenty of rubbish previous welding repair   patches  in awkward areas for a novice welder 

Plenty of work in this

10 hours ago, stumpy said:

To keep stock or modify is the question gearbox tunnel has been slightly hacked already  there are plenty of rubbish previous welding repair   patches  in awkward areas for a novice welder 

Plenty of work in this

Keep it as standard as possible or at least looking OEM. Saves issues in the future if they adopt inspections for mods in classics 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes mate  didn't want to cut out to much until I got the  new floors  here and can them trim the old floor to suit  ..I have some splashbacks  and closing psnrls ordered and have some cills here 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stumpy said:

Yes mate  didn't want to cut out to much until I got the  new floors  here and can them trim the old floor to suit  ..I have some splashbacks  and closing psnrls ordered and have some cills here 

Pretty much will put the whole side as new metal then. Be very tidy when completed. On a side note, I was a little disappointed on myAsconaA bulkhead/A posts  that I treated with Hydrate80 post new metal/welding. It had got fly rust when having other work done. Wish I had of epoxy primed it, so make sure you get that done as soon as you can.

I've heard hydrate 80 is good stuff but can be a pain to apply I've never used it myself  yes will definitely  be protecting everything  as well as possible still can't beat old engine oil in the cavity off the cill with a drain plug for  refills ...does the guy on here still do the 400 kits  os it Martin hos nsme od