OH Dear!!!!!

Toni

I'd be careful about kicking the welder in public. You'll be done for MIG welder abuse mate [:o)][;)]

There's a law for every other fecking thing [:(!]

-=< You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house... >=-

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well had a bit of a potter about again this eve for an hour or so.

Had a look at the floorpan, and the sill.........

Now I was going to put a whole complete new sill on, but the one that is on there is absolutely fine until it gets to the rear of the car, so I shall just replace that bit.

almost got to the point where I thought HMMMMMMMMM I could really do with some Ham Blithber sooper cavity wax to stop this happeneing again, but the inside of the sills were as new..........Floorpan wasn't though.

This is the result of a car standing with water in the footwell.

1.jpg

Best thing to do was to simply chop the bloody lot out.

2.jpg

HECK LOOK AT THAT! looks like the remains of a bit o' chassis rail[:D][:D]

3.jpg

AAAH Trusty ol' hammer and chisel, main tools of any Manta enthusiast [:D][:D][:D]

Next up, this is not the first time I've been bloody lucky cutting through floors near fuel lines it is infact the 3rd time I,ve come this close, in fact I've been halfway through a steel fuel line whilst I was under the car on one occaision HECK!!![:0][:0]

4.jpg

Anyway so here I was stood standing thinking "Hmmm need a bit o' box section steel"

Now i knew I didn't have any but as luck would have it the wife had left her Excercise bike here, FECK ME made more box section steel than you could shake a stick at.

Oh the joy and chuckles as the angle grinder ripped through the steel shafts of the pedals,[:D][:D][:D]

5.jpg

AND Just look at thise pre-formed jacking point outrigger sections onthe base. just BRILLIANT!

Anyway the last pic up is the box section steel all tacked into place using Blue Tac, Sellotape and Hubba Bubba. .......... Hmmmm Perhaps a bit over Engineered some might say...........[;)][}:)][:D][:D][:D]

I don't think so.

I mean this looks pretty structurally solid in my opinion, and should certainly add some rigidity to the shell.

Oh! Crap! slammed the door and the Blue Tac didn't seem to hold.....

Everything fell on the floor through the hole I cut in the floorpan

6.jpg

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Clive, I thought these early B's werent meant to rust[:D].

Its as well this car fell into your hands or it would have been scrapped me thinks. I looked at the pic of the bike before reading the text, I wondered what the hell you were at[:D], thought you'd invented some type of brace[:D][:D].

My sills were the same, I cut the whole drivers side sill off only to find it mint inside, just the back section (seatbelt mount) was rotten.

keep up the good work[^].

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those ways get you angry....I meant it the other way

e-mail : mark_gunning@yahoo.co.uk

manta.jpg

OMOC 5817

Over Easter Ian Newnham help me do a Manta 'musical chairs' which gave him the chance to have ago at his coupe at last.

Encountered the same problem,no chassie rail,so out with the grinder,off with the chassie rail and in with the 50mm,3mm thick box section steel,then some inch square to replace the jacking points,thus-

IanNewnhamsCoupeRepairs30003.jpg

Ian has got a hot eight valve engine ready to go for this coupe so he wont need an excersise bike to power his Manta[:)]

I've got piles of all sorts of Manta parts,i might even have something you need!

surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds Herts and North Bucks.

lol! I remember we called that setup something like this smiley: The [:0] **** of jacking points, mainly because I took that hammer and beat it and it didn't fall to pieces [:D]

Sills?, what are those bits of rust laying on the floor then?

BOJ, Jodie, Chicken$h!t

Spares, Racer in waiting, GONE! [:(]

Animation18.gif

OMOC 5714

http://www.clockservicing.co.uk/ For any clock repairs try here.

"Ham Blithber"...?[:D]

Cracking. That's it, that's their new name. Nice one Clive![:D][:D]

Now if only they made "FloorFix C10000" (The all-in-one five minute fix for rusty Mantas in a can; simply spray on to what's left of the floor, go for a cuppa and in five minutes it's as good as new) we'd all be laughing.

I admire your tenacity in the face of such a lot of work Clive. With your innovative use of waste materials, you'll also be in line for the OMOC Chairman's Environmental Green Cup award for Recycling (geddit...[:o)]) at Billing this year.

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Yes mate I certainly do, Me and fuel lines certainly have a way of not getting on.

Well I'm off to Preston this morn, to pick up the items that have shown me the final route to take with this car, got a little bit more welding done, but really need to get the framework in for the chassis before I can do anything else, may hopefully get that done this afternoon.

quote:Originally posted by opel2000

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Yes mate I certainly do, Me and fuel lines certainly have a way of not getting on.

...to pick up the items that have shown me the final route to take with this car....

id="quote">id="quote">

interesting......[:D]

OMOC 5885

1800GT Hatch Daily Driver

GTE Exclusive Coupe SORN'd

Currently lusting after: 80s Camaro V8 :P

I'VE WORKED IT OUT!!!

You are going to supercharge the Cam in Head engine but because of the dizzy there aint much space that side of the engine,so your going to put an excersise bike in place of the passenger seat connected up to a supercharger!

I just hear it now on the way to Billing down the M1 'Pedal faster woman,the boost is dropping off!'

I've got piles of all sorts of Manta parts,i might even have something you need!

surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds Herts and North Bucks.