Hi, A Bit About Myself

piggy1988gte

hi all im pig, im 28 and iv always wanted a manta, my old man had three, my best mate had a old berlineta and iv now just been given a 1988 manta b gte. the old girl has only done 87k on the clock, she has been sat in someones back yard for the last 6 years after failling its test on a broken head light bulb and some welding, me i would of just done it lol, iv gone today to pick it up and after putting a battery on it she fired up strate away thats after six years so im on a high, problem is all for brakes are seezed on and sorry to say after spending a few moments looking round i desided to leave it were she is stood. im going next week to pick her up and bring her to a loving home lol. there is a hell of alot of welding needed but guess what im a welder plater by trade and i can do that with one hand tied behind my back thumbsup.gif anyway iv got one pic on my phone to show you all its a two twone colour of white and green lol. anyways enough of me rabbit in on just thought i would say hi, will be putting a link of my progress when i start its going to be a major job and a full referb but thats what i need to keep the grey matter ticking over, pleased to meet you all and i would just like to add i know my speeling is really bad so i dont need it pointing out as i already know lol i had this problem with one of the polo forumsrolleyes.gif

cheers pig

welcome to the mad house.

Don't worry about your spelling I'm just as bad, as long as we can understand what you are saying we don't mind.

Where abouts are you in the contry? north, south? sounds like you have a lot of welding to do but as thats your job your in a good position as all mantas need welding. :lol:

this is my poorly lady lol, it was love at first sight i juct cant wait to take it across some of the b roads round here and north yorks, im from retford but am from gainsborough in lincolnshire origanally.

dsc00225k.th.jpg

this one is a little bit of a bragging rights on my behalf lol, its an old sammy sj with a 2lt turbo engine out of a 940 volvo, auto box loads of power to weight. what ya thik?

dsc00222wg.th.jpg

cheers mat

Hello and welcome :thumbup Looks like you got your work cut out but it will all be worth it :D

Don't know if you are a bit too far north to get to the East Midlands meetings but you would be more than welcome its second Thursday of the month at the Unicorn at Gunthorpe, Notts our area rep is Andy (Cavtastic on the forum) B)

Aye hello und welcome, dinae bother aboot yur spellin!! folks here canny even read ma posts far less bother aboot mi spellin. :D:D:D:D

Oniways gid tae hiv yae aboard the mad beautiful world owe thi MANTA!! :thumbup

cheers rab.

Wow! I reckon 99.9% of members! wouldn't touch that car, with some Ford owners mig!!!

Wing looks like its gone! door looks bad but is repairable, if your good fab/mig.

The upper inner wings are gone, the A posts might need work, fuck whats the roof like?

and I don't even want to go into the; 'floor/classis etc'.

If you turn that car around and mot it? I'll buy you 1 years membership with the OMOC (worth £25).

If you need any advice? please feel free to post on here or pm me and I'll findout for you ;)

C'mon prove me wrong ;)

Cheers,

Keith

hi all, thanks for the hellos, the difference with myself and 99.9 percent of others i enjoy gatting my hands dirty, im not a engine bay polisher im a spanner monkey thumbsup.gif . im only 28 and iv built a stock car, locost and restored a few classics like this before and iv turbo'd a mk4 polo 16v what was kicking out over 200bhp on a bar of boost, so a little welding is nothin to be scared of, the body aint that bad, sills wings doors boot inter wing shelf back archs have all gone but the roof is only blistering and as i paid not a peeny for this car and the engine runs after six years the clutch works the box work i think i will be on to a winner, even if i have to rebuild to bottom of the car isn't it worth doin to get one of the most beautifull cars back on the road, i hope to get some moor pics asap i cant wait to get started now, oh yeh im not a welder fab for a living anymoor im a trucker for wilkos although i did do a 5yr apprentiship this is only now a hobby. thanks agina

pig

Wow! I reckon 99.9% of members! wouldn't touch that car, with some Ford owners mig!!!

Wing looks like its gone! door looks bad but is repairable, if your good fab/mig.

The upper inner wings are gone, the A posts might need work, fuck whats the roof like?

and I don't even want to go into the; 'floor/classis etc'.

If you turn that car around and mot it? I'll buy you 1 years membership with the OMOC (worth £25).

If you need any advice? please feel free to post on here or pm me and I'll findout for you wink.gif

C'mon prove me wrong wink.gif

Cheers,

Keith

lol i will keep you up to this lol,

pig

Looks like you have some work to do there.......... a good steam clean is in order to understand what bits are good and what is bad.

Looking at the picture:-

A pair of wing rails - left and right side are available on E-Bay UK at the moment

Pair of Wings - Second hand ones are available

Drivers door - Second hand one are available

Nose Cone - could be repaired, or chopped and swapped for a second hand one

Head lights - good second hand one are available

Will be intresting to seem some more pictures of the underside, floor and chassis legs, there are available as aftermarket products from Germany.

I will be watching this thread with much intrest...

John

Hello and welcome thumbsup.gif Looks like you got your work cut out but it will all be worth it biggrin.gif

Don't know if you are a bit too far north to get to the East Midlands meetings but you would be more than welcome its second Thursday of the month at the Unicorn at Gunthorpe, Notts our area rep is Andy (Cavtastic on the forum) cool.gif

if i can get chap i would love to come, gubtorp isn't to far to go how many ppl will be there?

if i can get chap i would love to come, gubtorp isn't to far to go how many ppl will be there?

there is usually 4 or 5 of us more in the summer - look out for a reminder on the forum nearer the time, most of our cars are tucked up for the Winter by now - Oh and I'm a Chapess I wont say lady as someone is bound to laugh :thumbup

thanks for the comments, yeh i think some of the parts i will struggle with but if i can find them of the shelf then its going to have to be secong hand or even one off. thanks fof the links from wht iv seen the old girl is about in the same state uderneeth as the second one :) of well time to get grinding lol. im of next wekkend back to start the car up and get the brakes freed up ready for trans. when its back its going to be rripped to bits back to a bare shell doors boot bonnet and engine all off, the im jacking up the front end and taking the front to bits, weld it all up rub everythin down new rubbers roung red oxide and then paint so she looks new agin. then do the same to the back then work on the underneeth. im thinking around 300 hours to get the car welded up and prep for painting,

cheers pig

MK1 wings will fit :thumbup Keep your eye open on here or ebay. New for old stock? £250 each! good 2nd hand set, will set you back, roughtly £100, ones needing work? hmm £40- upwards, depending on condition and your batering skills ;)

However! someone with the right skills and time, could fix wings in an similar condition as yours!(it wouldnt be me)

Members might remember the guy from Russia, who posted on here about 18 months ago? who rebuilt his doors and wings???

Keith

sounds like a plan, im going to see how bad they are but i might have a go before spending that, im of to free the brakes up and see if see will fire on a set of new plugs and leeds, only problem is the old leeds were nicked the other week so i dont have the firing order and wich is number one on the engine or dizzy etc, any help wil be very greatfull lol

cheers piggy