1987 Manta Gte Coupe Irmscher Exclusive

evo3dave

Due to having the need to do a lot of commuting miles & needing something more suitable as a daily runner my son has decided to let his 1987 Monaco Blue Manta GTE Exclusive Coupe go.sad.gif

However this will be excellent news for someone else as it is low mileage at just over 55,600, Mot until October, tax until the end of the Month.

This has been garaged for the majority of its life & is in fantastic condition.

He is looking for £3000 or will take px on something more suitable for his needs.

This has had 2 previous owners,the last one being for just over 19 years.

Now sold. Thanks Guys.thumbsup.gif

Edited by evo3dave

where does the 3k come from isnt it £2300 and had no bids ??

Have you ever used ebay?

You do realise it's an auction site!

Where things bid up!

£2300 starting price!

Hoping to get over £3000!

Would you bid on something with a week to go?

Or would you leave it to the last couple of days?blink.gif

Seriously i'd think as fellow Manta owners & club members we wouldn't be trying to rip each others threads to bits.

I thought the idea of a club was to help fellow enthusiasts.

I put it on the forum with an asking price.

In a sale this is usually negotiated upon & a deal is struck up.

I put it on here to give fellow enthusiasts a chance to strike up a deal privately,without going through ebay.

Now begining to wish i hadn't bothered.

Whatever happened to the cameradery & friendship of people with mutual interests?sad.gif

Very nice coupe, but I think in Monaco Blue they look better with red decals. Then I would say that I suppose!

What's the washer bottle difference between an Exclusive and a GT/E? Not come across that one before. I'm pretty sure my 88 Exclusive has got the same washer bottle as the one advertised.

Very nice coupe, but I think in Monaco Blue they look better with red decals. Then I would say that I suppose!

What's the washer bottle difference between an Exclusive and a GT/E? Not come across that one before. I'm pretty sure my 88 Exclusive has got the same washer bottle as the one advertised.

Thanks Leon,

Got to say yours looks stunningthumbsup.gif

When we were searching for it originally we looked at Manta's all over the country & only actually found 1 that had the round bottle!

It was a 1.8

Got to ask you about the glass situation on yours, does it look the same colour as mine in the pics?

We had a Gold GTE before this & it blatantly had bronze tinted glass,extremely obvious from the inside whereas the Exclusive has a darker more greenish tint.

You're right about the price Dave. Asking isn't getting but doesn't hurt to ask and no point putting the £3K on an auction straight away.

A mate of mine had a Dolphin Grey, 1 previous owner Exclusive with 29K miles on. Pretty much the only colour you can be sure was an Irmscher car, small washer bottle fitted as was my 1988 1 previous owner Starmist black Exclusive.

I noticed tha car hasn't got windscreen washer jets in the bumper, so barring decal colour, washer bottle and quad wiring / wiring run looks exactly as an Exclusive should (with original steering wheel included in the sale of course).

Thanks Leon,

Got to say yours looks stunningthumbsup.gif

When we were searching for it originally we looked at Manta's all over the country & only actually found 1 that had the round bottle!

It was a 1.8

Got to ask you about the glass situation on yours, does it look the same colour as mine in the pics?

We had a Gold GTE before this & it blatantly had bronze tinted glass,extremely obvious from the inside whereas the Exclusive has a darker more greenish tint.

Cheers, mine's a 1.8 but has the square bottle. Who knows!

Glass on mine is clearly green tint - I do have some bronze windows spare and as you say, blatantly different

Here's a close up of mine showing the green tint on mine:

Window2.jpg

You're right about the price Dave. Asking isn't getting but doesn't hurt to ask and no point putting the £3K on an auction straight away.

A mate of mine had a Dolphin Grey, 1 previous owner Exclusive with 29K miles on. Pretty much the only colour you can be sure was an Irmscher car, small washer bottle fitted as was my 1988 1 previous owner Starmist black Exclusive.

I noticed tha car hasn't got windscreen washer jets in the bumper, so barring decal colour, washer bottle and quad wiring / wiring run looks exactly as an Exclusive should (with original steering wheel included in the sale of course).

Thanks for the info Mantadoc.thumbsup.gif

Including the original steering wheel is an absolute must.

Just really gutted that we are having to let it go.

evo 3 dave i didnt rip your thread to shreds i just stated its at £2300 and if nobody bids thats what it sells for am i right or wrong ?. i would hang out and hope to get it for £700 less if i was lucky .i have a bit of ebay experience with 1700 %100 feedback but would of offered it here first than fleabay with all the timewasters and dreamers . i have a little bit of experience with mantas since 1974ohmy.gif . did you see the exclusive with a private plate worth about £2000 on last week that ended early ??? somebody got lucky rolleyes.gif good luck with the sale

This now has a new owner, he brought it around to mine last night and was ever so slightly excited about having it :thumbup

Few little jobs to do on it, but nothing major.

Well worth the money and one of the best i've seen for sale recently.