Gt/e Fuel Economy

Mantaray80

Well, as the title says, I'm tempted to buy myself a GT/E hatch I've seen for sale not far from me. But it's been a while since I owned a working Manta, and even longer since I had a GT/E. Iirc, I was getting an avg of 30mpg from my old one. Is that about right?

If I get it, it will be my daily driver, so I need to know roughly what sort of fuel economy I can expect. My journey includes both town/traffic and out of town driving.

Also, and I know it's been covered many times, but I have to ask, did the D-reg GT/Es have unleaded heads?

Thankyou

Thanks for the replies.

One more question. D-reg GT/E hatch. 51,000 miles. Appears (from the photos) in pretty good condition. Up for £2995. Does that sound a fair price?

Would that be THIS one on E-Bay thats been on for a couple of months now?

It does look tidy and manta prices are on the rise, but i would say its priced a little high (actually i'd say a lot high but i'm tight ;) )

Looks to be a car dealer selling it though so thats not unexpected being overpriced really.

I would have though £2000 would be about the limit, and it would need to pass close inspection well for that aswell.

There's a gold GT/e Hatch on e-bay for £1650 HERE that looks very tidy and has history.

So the silver one would have to be in better condition to be worth £2000

But in the end as with everything its worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it :thumbup

It does look tidy and manta prices are on the rise, but i would say its priced a little high (actually i'd say a lot high but i'm tight ;) )

Looks to be a car dealer selling it though so thats not unexpected being overpriced really.

I would have though £2000 would be about the limit, and it would need to pass close inspection well for that aswell.

There's a gold GT/e Hatch on e-bay for £1650 HERE that looks very tidy and has history.

But in the end as with everything its worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it :thumbup

The one at £1650 looks a better car for the money....almost half the price of the other one,less miles and no sunroof. Going by one of the pictures it'll nead tyres. Given the age it's likely not going to have an unleaded head although the cam cover's blue so maybe it's had a GM exchange engine fitted???

John.

Yup, that's the one. Only a few miles up the road. The reason I'm looking at this is that to get it I'd have to part ex my Civic, so the gold one would be no good for me. (don't like gold anyway)

I was thinking more along the lines of £2000 too, as it would give me a better chance of being able to afford it outright.

I'm thinking of going up on Friday to look at it. Having had my coupe in bits for several years I know every nook and cranny to look at, so close inspection with a capital C! lol

At least you've confirmed what I thought, that it had been in their possesion for quite a while, which gives me a better bargaining stance.

I think the fact that my windscreen cracked last night was the final straw and I really want a Manta again.....