Manta 400 Turbo Project

mickappy

been busy wiring n plumbing all week. also had time to make prop for new box...
manta prop meets r28 prop
fec5a413.jpg
sent it away for welding

da9f3eea.jpg
also had some pipes for the intercooler made up.all in alloy with just 2 joins in silicone.c784cd92.jpg

fitted

22dc45a9.jpg

85247261.jpg
other side done too.
off back in today to finish wiring and get ecu in to car..
then its fuel lines....

Edited by mickappy

Don't know about the B series but there is a nice route down the passengers side, even has nice pre-shaped bit under the cross member and chassis and have routed it up where the steering column would be on the left hand drive. I didnt notice it before and was going to go the normal route under the drivers side.

I have some nice stainless P clips 10mm spare if you want a few? bought loads and only used about 8 so far :-) i drilled a hole in the floor and pop riveted the P clips in and its nice and clean and secure like that.

Andy

been busy wiring n plumbing all week. also had time to make prop for new box...

manta prop meets r28 prop

fec5a413.jpg

sent it away for welding

da9f3eea.jpg

also had some pipes for the intercooler made up.all in alloy with just 2 joins in silicone.

c784cd92.jpg

fitted

22dc45a9.jpg

85247261.jpg

other side done too.

off back in today to finish wiring and get ecu in to car..

then its fuel lines....

great job your doing,can you show me a picture of the top hat on your engine?and what size pipe did ya use for intercooler?

this car is going to be right up there in the drool ratings alright, its a cracker.

would like to see it in the flesh one day.

reckon this video kind of sums it up, you might need to put some kleenex in the boot.

[media=]

also up there in the jizz dept would be this one currently for sale on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_2204wt_1398

just noticed the new warning points system, hope I don't get pinged for having a laugh....

Edited by opelmantagsi
  • Like 1

think saying jizz will be fine:-)
if anyone wants a top silicone hose, one can easily be made with a 90 and a 45 degree hoses. as in picbacdfb1b.jpg

got i out tonite to clean garage. a few pics
8b4f8a51.jpg

18a69591.jpg
fastened both inlet and turbi manifold on tonight.
wiring done. plumbing done. just waiting for oil cooler to turn up and then its fuel pipes and tank.

Edited by mickappy

I am mounting a big ass electric fan between the nose cone and the rad on a stand alone bracket, some pics on my thread

The bracket I made could also be used to create a mount for the oil cooler, worth thinking about as there are limited mounting options and now your painted its not like you want to start welding in there.

This fan kits that fix through the core of the rad are a bit naff, hope your not going down that route?

so that would be

intercooler

oil cooler

fan

rad

putting a big fan in there will get the air moving well in there

mine will be covered over with a custom solutions rad tray

photos of the mock up I did prior to full strip down

P9221529.jpgP9221530.jpg

Edited by opelmantagsi

the manta engine bay is very spacey. the nose always scoops lots of air. i will be mounting a small fan that sucks on the front of the rad. the alloy rad i bought has the mounting brakets for these. ive done the same on my hatch which is running an xe with no oil cooler. ive done tackdays and drag strips and never used the fan yet:-) it simply doesnt get above 90. ive also got it on a manual switch.

that's good advise, being NZ summer weather is a bit better than the UK I will run the fan via the thermostat and hope for the best in 25+ degree ambient summer air...

i wish we had 25+ weather:) we get that for about a week:)))

yeah been following sky news and was amazed at the weather in the UK this week

I too managed to get an ali rad for mine, good bloke in the UK did the biz and sent it over to me, was not cheap but will be worth it. its the only item I have had posted that was unpacked by customs at the border.