Manta 400 Turbo Project

mickappy

does the oil cooler have plugged connections on the bottom of it? would be nice to have a drain valve in there, every time you change the oil the oil cooler will still have a slug of dirty oil in there.

this was something that worried me when thinking of using an oil cooler as I tend to use engine oil flush every oil change.

when I considered this for my car I considered turning the cooler around so pipes are off the sides or bottom raises other issues, like air trapping or oil draining back when engine switched off.

does the oil cooler have plugged connections on the bottom of it? would be nice to have a drain valve in there, every time you change the oil the oil cooler will still have a slug of dirty oil in there.

this was something that worried me when thinking of using an oil cooler as I tend to use engine oil flush every oil change.

when I considered this for my car I considered turning the cooler around so pipes are off the sides or bottom raises other issues, like air trapping or oil draining back when engine switched off.

no mate i will have to take it off and drain, only a 5 min job, it was so much easier to mount this way up on to the front cross member.

You know what Mick?

I'm jealous!

It looks f kin awesome!!!!

Edit.

Technical advisor post.

it's not gonna work unless you take The bubble wrap off it.

Happy to help ;-)

id bubble wrap the whole bloody car mate if i could. :D

• 1 month later...

wow time flys, 31st of may my last update.

how happy am i that i didnt rush like hell to make ready for billing:)

ive had better wet weekends....

im all over this at the min after seeing craigs 400 rt at billing. gave me a good kick up the arse...... im back in love with it :wub: :wub:

propper update to follow...

Slightly off topic, I just missed you at the services at the M1 Friday Morn, as I was pulling in you were driving off in the hatch. Never got to introduce myself at Billing. The Hatch is an inspirational car for me (even though mines a coupe) must be the colour. :thumbup

Rob

engine bays nearly complete, had to refab boost pipe to top hat as it hit the bonnet:-( looks loads better now anyway.a716df89.jpg

also managed to get top cover on. not easy to keep looking stock with a reverse inlet. abit of chopping here n there needed and new mounts..d1d8b4de.jpg

Edited by mickappy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

finally got the carpet in, which was a right arse of a job:(
4861C624-C15F-4531-8546-CE88DA6E90A4-318
and got around to fitting all the gauges...
who needs a stereo..... had this machined up0911EF00-66FA-4D38-8E9F-F3C8243743AE-318

fitted with gauges

7B3769F2-7BF9-4185-9B71-F5BE5B30783F-318

lots n lots of small jobs now and then it will be tome to fire it up..

Edited by mickappy
  • Like 1

looks nice, I like what you have done with the radio / clock area, no one needs a sound system when you have the kind of tunes that will be playing in the engine bay.

Carpet looks plush, yeah I can imagine it was tricky to fit but you have made a nice neat job there.

keep up the good work, you have great vision and its going to look stunning when its finished

• 2 months later...

bsck on this now after some time out :-)
today ive been doing the little jobs that have built up, finished all brake lines and fastened them in
FC20FBBB-3F2A-4DBD-8184-DD4B85658569-897
fuel lines complete and secured, all wiring and piping run inside the sills,

765F3170-FC4A-476C-B655-06CBC1206215-897
boost pipes all fastened, very pleased with this.
286E5EAD-1E8E-454D-966A-10EAE8766541-897

66FA6AB8-93C9-4878-9405-7270B425CBCF-897
just need a dump valve to finishhoping to have this started very soon.

Edited by mickappy
  • Like 1