Gauging Interest Big Brake Kits

gt4_ade

Hi all been in discussion this morn with brake comp about geting an off the shelf big brake kit fir manta/ascona b this would comprise of 278mm discs and either 4 or 6 pot calipers they havnt given me a price yet but would people be interested if the price was right?

I might be interested for future upgrade, if they fit under 15" alloys.

I have just upgraded all my brakes recently, so not an immediate requirement.

I don't think I could afford the price that Shug's link shows :o at this present time though.

Rob

• 1 month later...

I have seen them, how could any one even pay that? All it takes is to get a load of discs machined and a load of calipers, what 30 quid max for each disc 30 max for each caliper to get machined what 20 a disc? If I had the time I'd do that an sell each kit for 170 and I'd still be making 70 quid on each set.

Ive just bought a set ov wilwoods now coz when u think of it time you buy a decent set of discs black diamond etc good pads calipers and a refurb kit for the calipers its guna cost 300 quid ish any way then u have still got single pot calipers and the hasle ov getting them machined ever time they wear out