Early B Series Daily Ride

Paul Barrett

well struck a deal with dave aka rapierdave and im the owner of this, did want another A series but hey this is the next best thing, will be a good tool to rock around in for this year, few little bits needs doing here and there but it looks to be a nice motor, will get to see it in the flesh once i pick it up end of next week.

$(KGrHqN,!hME9EJJpZSvBPcMSl(nHg~~60_3.JPG

• Like 1

I am pleased that a club member (Paul) is buying my car, although a little sad to see it go. :(

Hopefully i will get to see it again at Billing.

Now i've got to contact Stradacab & formalise the arrangements to buy his Manta.

IMAG0302.jpg

Not sure when the Manta i hope to buy is going to be ready (few small bits of welding to do)

So in the meantime it'll be the Alpine that'll be my leisure car from now.

104.jpg

i will, the only thing i may change is the wheels, other than that it will remain as is. one of my close friends manages a prestige marque bodyshop so will prob drop it of when i can afford to have some areas seen to and panels paint matched.

Good Stuff :D

bought some clocks for today locally from an awesome chap ross with a cracking car collection. took him for a spin as you do, he loved the car.

he reckons from a previous experience with a cav mk1 he had it is most likely the pinion bearing is worn, that is causing the trans noise, he doubted the prop bearing, will take more investigation yet. if its the pinion bearings, costly job?

Edited by novashed

I've got a faint whine on my car too. Thought it was low oil in the diff, but checked that and it's fine. Likely the same pinion bearing maybe? Is that the noise you get from your car?

SGH looks stunning BTW. Loving that car. I wish my ride height looked like that after the spring change recently. It's so high now, it looks all wrong! :(

• 1 month later...

The old girl is going well, not done much, just replaced driver handle. tried sort leakis through seals to no avail still, doh. its due oil change and may get its paint sorted for billing once i get a decent price.

Just got back from a riound trip to exeter, and she never missed a beat, and reasonable economy too. only gripe im having is the noisy axle or prop bearing which ive yet to sort.

Every time I have had a noisy whine it's been the prop bearing in the rubber donut in the crossmember.

I have a stock of them here as its one of the things I change in every car I buy.

I have a two post lift, and am in cornwall, let me know if you want a day trip to try to simple easy fix before condemning the pinon bearing, I am reasonably priced for fellow club members.

• 1 month later...