Cav Coupe Rallycar

Autocrosser

Following info and pics from David @ Mantasport on my other post here's my take on the works type subframe top mounts

83D55502-328E-4394-A4CA-D302EFA586F0_zps

Just waiting on my local engineer making me some nylon rear mounts to replicate the works type alloy ones before I weld the top brackets just to make sure everything lines up

• Like 2

Anyone any advice on where the cheapest place to get poly bushes for the front end is??

I bought mine from a company in N.Wales called ramsport I would highly recomend them they are a supplier of super pro bushes.

Edited by lewis p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

its always good to see another 'Opel ' coming out to play, especially one that looks good, however on the subject of your doors. i feel you will not be allowed to run with them, section R, 48.3.9 and 48.1.2 of the MSA blue book state that only materials that are to original manufacturers spec are allowed in regard to main body panels. Shame as they look really good qualiy.

Im still working thro my Scrutineering course so may be wrong but thats what the book says, anyone more qualified know different?

John

The window frames on the doors look very tidy too. The perspex windows on my car have some lousy ally framework that does little to keep them in the right place. Be interesting to see if grp doors would be permitted on any rally Manta, on the basis that the original (ok, 400) had them. That paperwork could be quite handy for that. All the best and keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Craig,

Im sorry for this, and i hope i'm wrong but things have changed. Even if the cage was homologated back in the 80's it is not legal now. Safety regs supperced all previous regs. The front roll bar leg can only have one bend in it, it can have an another staight leg from the top corner down to the floor or have welded brackets to the windscreen piller ect. but as far as i understand nothing else. Please check this out , MSA will tell u if ok but dont get too far without checking.

As i say im not the oracle on this, only trying to help

John

Hi John, I've already checked it all out with my local scrutineer and safety devices and they said I have to carry a copy of the homologation papers (inc a picture) for the cage and that will be fine. It's like dispensation for the car the same as the boys that rally avengers have.

Anyway onwards with tonight's progress

3CA5C3EE-0800-46E9-9F21-5F878DB02E74_zps

63955F83-9CEF-4D83-8847-4E7A5241C5EB_zps

CC33A029-17CF-4666-BF43-F93C40CF561A_zps

402BC088-2FE1-4473-861E-24202203BEA6_zps

That leaves the car to be flatted and second coated and the front bumper to paint tomorrow :)

• Like 4

6120F43C-27E8-4AB9-94B0-02EF6D31F751_zps

Turns put the front bumper which was a late addition doesn't fit!!! It hangs down about 15-20mm lower than the wings. So it's back to plan A but I need more paint. I thought they'd be all the same

31FC2539-714B-4BAC-A057-85E1E2FD3BC2_zps

If anyone can shed any light on this or indeed wants it then let me know

• Like 3