Hello, From Scotland

Tomskii

Hi and welcome to the forum, I once had an SR Berlinetta in the 90's when I was up your neck of the woods at Kinloss.

Now got a 400R, I have overtime come to like all variations of Manta's and derived cars from the same platforms.

ybu433t.4.jpg

ybu433t.3.jpg

Try Jim in Montrose. He goes by P.W.S  on this forum. There are not many up this way for sale. Jim has a standard B he might sell. There is another chap ,called kevin on this forum from inverness who has had a couple for sale over the years. I cant remember the name he goes by on here, he might be worth a shout. Apart from that, good luck with getting a motor.  I have a few coupes, that I hope not to be selling for some time yet, but you are 30 years my junior and eventually , they will be for sale!! Pictures of mine are my avatar pic and in the gallery , GTE and a 400r. Glad to see some new blood interested in Opel .

How did your interest in these cars start?............. Your Dad an Opel man?

Rgds

Gerry

2 hours ago, GerryC400 said:

Try Jim in Montrose. He goes by P.W.S  on this forum. There are not many up this way for sale. Jim has a standard B he might sell. There is another chap ,called kevin on this forum from inverness who has had a couple for sale over the years. I cant remember the name he goes by on here, he might be worth a shout. Apart from that, good luck with getting a motor.  I have a few coupes, that I hope not to be selling for some time yet, but you are 30 years my junior and eventually , they will be for sale!! Pictures of mine are my avatar pic and in the gallery , GTE and a 400r. Glad to see some new blood interested in Opel .

How did your interest in these cars start?............. Your Dad an Opel man?

Rgds

Gerry

I will do thank you, And no he's not an Opel man, He likes his cars, Not as much as I do though. I've liked the manta since I was about 10. I used to have a 400R toy car that my uncle gave me, That's where I remember them from. Always wanted one, hopefully that wish will become my reality pretty soon. And yeah, I don't know anyone my age that likes older cars, I also have a Fiat Tipo Forumla, 1 of 11 left in the UK.

6 hours ago, Tomskii said:

Damn, Both lovely mantas. I can't wait to get mine! Been waiting so long. Id like a B series Facelifted GTJ. With the original wheels. Or a GTE. Not seen any for sale in Scotland however.

White GTE Exclusive this one is for sale Glasgow area, it depends how much you can afford.

There is a big Opel Manta scene in Scotland, Lepo5 from this forum is up your way in Aberdeenshire, he might know of Manta's in your area. He is very knowledgeable and honest guy, I have had many dealings with him and I would trust him 100%

This is my current car

IMAG0295.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, robah said:

White GTE Exclusive this one is for sale Glasgow area, it depends how much you can afford.

There is a big Opel Manta scene in Scotland, Lepo5 from this forum is up your way in Aberdeenshire, he might know of Manta's in your area. He is very knowledgeable and honest guy, I have had many dealings with him and I would trust him 100%

This is my current car

IMAG0295.jpg

Very nice, I live right next to Aberdeenshire. 

The one in Glasgow is a lovely car, But I don't quite have enough money for it.

2 hours ago, BigJohn said:

Hi, and welcome.

also If you want to meet younger classic owners try here also, and no, this old git isn't a member :D

http://www.younggunsclassics.com/

The little Tipo is an awesome little car and just about unburstable.

Cheers John.

Ohh I'll check that out! I've found a manta that i'm hopefully going to buy, Just hoping it doesn't slip through my fingers and sells to someone else! 

Just now, Tomskii said:

Ohh I'll check that out! I've found a manta that i'm hopefully going to buy, Just hoping it doesn't slip through my fingers and sells to someone else! 

I love my wee Tipo, I'd also like a Sedicivalvole.

• Like 2

I like that Tipo...for all the criticism Fiat's of a certain age got I found them bombproof in the main. I was pretty skint at the time and ended up taking a Panda sergio tacchini in px for a motor I was selling in 1998.

It had fetching green seats and tacchini stripes :D I ran the little thing for a year to work and back and it never missed a beat, my mate Rick ended up buying it and only retired it in 2010... he got 11 years motoring for 800 quid.... and it wasn't tin worm that killed it in the end it was a blinking uninsured driver that mangled it whilst parked up.

On 2/4/2016 at 5:22 AM, Tomskii said:

Hi, I'm Tom, 

My favorites are the GTJ and Berlinetta. How about everyone else's?

Hey Tom,

I like cars in there purest form normally so the early B's are my favorite.

I have a 78 SR Berlinetta as that's my sentimental favorite, but for me the model that really nailed it was the European spec GTE.....in silver...with a black bonnet ;)

mantabgteproject044.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

I like that Tipo...for all the criticism Fiat's of a certain age got I found them bombproof in the main. I was pretty skint at the time and ended up taking a Panda sergio tacchini in px for a motor I was selling in 1998.

It had fetching green seats and tacchini stripes :D I ran the little thing for a year to work and back and it never missed a beat, my mate Rick ended up buying it and only retired it in 2010... he got 11 years motoring for 800 quid.... and it wasn't tin worm that killed it in the end it was a blinking uninsured driver that mangled it whilst parked up.

Love the old Panda! I'd like an old 4X4. Very very nice Fiat. Older Fiats are my thing, I'd also like a strada Abarth 130TC.

I'm going to have money to buy a manta by May, Hopefully something mint, preferably coupe, I'd be happy with a hatch too though.

If anyone's selling around that time, let me know. :)