Front foot well speakers

IanMc

Dear all,

Could anyone that has ever fitted front speakers in the foot wells please add some photos to show how you did it?

The drivers side looks easier, due to the forward projection of the kick panel, but there isn’t much room on the passenger side.

Thanks in advance.

Done this with the GSI some years ago, but got only pics of the right side (your drivers side):

1zokx1k.jpg

The speakers are fitted on a ring (normaly you can find those things in the car audio shop) so they 

fit not to deep.  Also moved the ECU of the injection to a dryer place, also cause I don't know if 

the magnet of the speaker could disturb the electronica of the ECU.

For RH drivers is this a solution to have more room for your feet...

281eno6.jpg

@Ian: You have the carb engine so no ECU, don't remember the other side (your passenger side) was 

different.

Edited by H-400

5 hours ago, H-400 said:

1zokx1k.jpgAlso moved the ECU of the injection to a dryer place, also cause I don't know if 

the magnet of the speaker could disturb the electronica of the ECU.

For RH drivers is this a solution to have more room for your feet...281eno6.jpg

Its like looking at everything in a mirror,  great idea for moving ecu in injection mantas, would also work on redtop mantas with sfi.

We have fusebox just above where the ecu is mounted. Maybe we have not enough (slack) length in wires to allow this.

Totally agree with protecting ECU,

Edited by ®evo03
need smaller fingers or learn to spell

Yeah the fuse-box, totally forgot you guy's have that and the steering-column in the way. The loom of the injection looks long 

enough to replace it on another spot, probably the green wires must be extend.

I have no front speakers in the "400", but I don't want to cut in the doorcards and also in not the kick-panels.

So I bought a set of these:

9200000019292991.jpg

they are rather small, have a bracket but still have to figure out where to hide them under the dash.

Time-time-time...

2 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Its like loiking at everything in a mirror,  great idea for moving ecu in injection mantas also would work on redtop mantas with sfi.

We have fusebox just above where the ecu is mounted. Maybe we have not enough (slack) length in wires to allow this.

Totally agree with protecting ECU, 

Had my redtop ECU under the pass side glovebox just had to reverse the wires in the black plastic loom cover over the injectiors 

no pictures as now changed to carbs 

1 hour ago, garymanc said:

Had my redtop ECU under the pass side glovebox just had to reverse the wires in the black plastic loom cover over the injection

Excellent idea, im doing this first chance, cheers bro, ive two to do now! 

Or i could change on to carbs if i find the bits, can twin 40s be jetted up? 

Think i kept dash speakers out of a mk3 cavalier, small round jobbies, and fitted into manta dash vents, just like my vents too much.

2 hours ago, H-400 said:

I have no front speakers in the "400", but I don't want to cut in the doorcards and also in not the kick-panels.

Have you no centre speakers above radio.

Was building my manta dl years ago, think it was radioless from new, found blupunkt speakers in a scrapper, these fitted rear manta housing, and under centre dash, fitted two under dash, two in the back, deaf now!  Think they came from a ford or a fiat, remember it was nearly brand new, head gasket gone. 

Good this coming up next, manta b gtj, 2.0. Have to keep them as standard from new, just need to be smart on routing wire from car to door? 

GTJ1.jpg