Daniel Campbell

NZDaniel

Hello from New Zealand !

Made the move to NZ from the UK 15 years ago.

I was a member of the OMOC back in the mid nineties , had a Black Opel Manta GTE Exclusive Coupe , registration number E505 WKN. Loved that car, should never have sold it, hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say !

Anyway would really appreciate it if anyone knows any history of this car after I owned it and what has become of it. I have seen that it has not been taxed since 2007 so sadly I presume it has long since passed.

Keen to buy a Manta B GTE coupe but pretty much no exsistant in NZ as far as I know although a couple of hatchbacks have been advertised recently.

Cheers for now

Daniel     

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, appreciate it .

Hopefully my old car is squirreled away somewhere waiting to be discovered again and shipped off to start a new life in NZ ! However sadly scrapped is probably more likely .

Will keep hunting for an Coupe to buy, am back for a visit to the UK in June so will watch for UK ads  

Thanks, love living here I must admit although lots of things I miss about the UK.

I live in Hatfields Beach, a little place around 40mins from central Auckland.

See link below of Manta currently for sale in NZ for anyone who may be interested.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/opel/auction-2490675852.htm?rsqid=392612da58c442dba8706c72c3cbeec7-001

2 hours ago, NZDaniel said:

See link below of Manta currently for sale in NZ for anyone who may be interested.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/opel/auction-2490675852.htm?rsqid=392612da58c442dba8706c72c3cbeec7-001

That's a tidy looking car. Interesting being an 88 GSi Hatch. More so in Dolphin Grey if I'm not mistaken. How much do you think it will go for? Starting price is circa £2.5K.

Screenshot_20200122-201950.png

Hi Martin,

Manta has been on Trade Me for a while now with not much interest and no bids. Haven't seen any Mantas for sale in NZ recently except for a similar year / model non-runner with quite a bit of rust that was for sale for ages at $1500.00   

Difficult to say how much the vendor has in mind, I would hazard a guess the reserve would be somewhere around $7000 - $8000 but who knows. As there seems to have been little interest may get it for not much more than the starting price. I have always had my heart set on a coupe but must admit I keep looking at this .

Thanks for the welcome Gary :)  

• 1 year later...
On 17/01/2020 at 15:39, NZDaniel said:

Hello from New Zealand !

Made the move to NZ from the UK 15 years ago.

I was a member of the OMOC back in the mid nineties , had a Black Opel Manta GTE Exclusive Coupe , registration number E505 WKN. Loved that car, should never have sold it, hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say !

Anyway would really appreciate it if anyone knows any history of this car after I owned it and what has become of it. I have seen that it has not been taxed since 2007 so sadly I presume it has long since passed.

Keen to buy a Manta B GTE coupe but pretty much no exsistant in NZ as far as I know although a couple of hatchbacks have been advertised recently.

Cheers for now

Daniel     

NzDaniel, I have a 1988 rustfree Manta 2l GSi maybe for sale.