New project

Mrsimonp

Greetings ladies and gentlemen, I have recently become the lucky recipient of a 73 manta project car and would really appreciate and help or info that anyone has to share! If anyone has, or knows the whereabouts of, side and rear glass that might be available I would be thankful of any leads. 

Hope to become a part of the community

Definitely join the group, web membership is cheap for all the extra info you can get from the members only sections.

Get some pictures up of your car - chaps here know their stuff and we have a couple of great guys that have all manner of parts.

welcome to the forums 😁

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have a look and see what we need for the old bus! It's not actually my car but I've been charged with sourcing parts, planning, ideas and generally been given free reign (with owners agreement obvs) to come up with something special!! I'm in West Yorkshire but don't mind travelling for the cause if need be lol! 

If anyone has any suggestions for engine swaps they will be welcome, I'm fancying vectra v6 but owner seems to be swaying towards a v8!? Any input? Obviously this isn't going to be a restoration but more of a subtle restomod to get the shape back out there and be memorable for the right reasons! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2020 at 20:14, Mrsimonp said:

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have a look and see what we need for the old bus! It's not actually my car but I've been charged with sourcing parts, planning, ideas and generally been given free reign (with owners agreement obvs) to come up with something special!! I'm in West Yorkshire but don't mind travelling for the cause if need be lol! 

If anyone has any suggestions for engine swaps they will be welcome, I'm fancying vectra v6 but owner seems to be swaying towards a v8!? Any input? Obviously this isn't going to be a restoration but more of a subtle restomod to get the shape back out there and be memorable for the right reasons! 

Quite a big job if you are going to put a v8 in the A series as you have a fair bit of front suspension work to do to get it in. A few pics on Paul's A with the V8 in 

• Like 1

I'm running a V6 Vectra engine in my A, love the power and not too hard to install.

You will need to make some custom parts:

Sump, Manifolds, exhaust system, engine mounts off the top of my head. I have the full wireing pin outs available if you need them.

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

• Like 4

3.2 engine is fly by wire throtal,  so a bit harder to wire up. All the 2.5, 2.6, 30 and 3.2 V6 engines use the same engine block, it is just the intack system that differs.

I have fitted  Omega 3.0 engine to both A and B Manta's, but the Omega intake sits a bit higher than the Vectra one I have used in my car. Personally I think the Vectra system is the best looking.

• Like 2