Tank sealer

Mickfrad

As I currently have my tank out to replace pipes I was thinking it’s a good idea to treat it with some sort of sealer. it looks in really good condition on the outside but obviously no idea on the condition inside. 
Any recommendations or thoughts. 

I was thinking something like this https://www.rust.co.uk/product/tank-re-new-kit-21

Coupe? Sender unit can be removed to give you an idea on what its like inside, use a light.

Hatchback, something tells me sender can also be removed, think its threaded.

As for sloshing the sealer about, question is how much to use? Not enought and it wont work, too much and it will gloup!

Seen a youtube video, selling a motorbike tank, used a cement mixer, with tank rachet strapped to it! Weird eh! 

The hatch senders do come out, some pop in and turn to secure and the other type are bolted in using 8mm bolts. If it is a hatch make sure that you remember how the sender came out as they can be a bit fiddly to refit.

As for sealing the tank, the issues only come when its left with a bit of fuel in (causes condensation) and on the hatches the tanks rot outside in on the breathers so i would make sure its clean inside and leather it in paint or bitumen on top.

It's a Coupe, and my thought was protection from water/condensation from modern fuels whilst the car sits idle over the winter.

Not sure if anything is needed or not. Just an idea as the tank is out.

1 hour ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I wouldn't bother then with the outside and in all honesty i would just fill the tank up or drain it with the cap off?

I'm with this. In tank sealers from my experience cause more harm than good.

I used Slosh many years ago from Rustbuster due to the increase of ethanol in fuel manufacturing. 

It is a tricky solution to use and I did have the tank out of my car to ensure the solution got in to all corners and seams of the tank. You have to follow the instructions directly or you end up restricting the outlet pipes (personal experience :ph34r:). It does cause an exothermic reaction, so be safe with the pouring out, if used.