88E GTE Exclusive Coupe for sale [E100 OMM]

Monaco Blue

Been asked by Chris B to post this this on his behalf. Obviously, this particular car needs no introduction.

E100 OMM. Opel Manta GTE Exclusive Coupe for sale.

1988 with a genuine 90k on the clock.

A lot of you know this car through the club and it's magazine features.
It's been fitted with a non sunroof skin at Retro Power in 2014 at a cost of £3500.
Chassis legs and swan necks are absolutely mint.
Interior is very nice throughout and is still fitted with the standard Philips 752 radio cassette.
Under bonnet is lovely and clean. Oil and filter changed in the last 1k miles.
The mot runs until October but can put a new one on if required.
Lots of service history going back many years.
Inc sales brochures and invoices. Lots of old tax discs too.
I've owned this car 3 times in the last 22 years.
Magazine featured 3 times over that period too
Featured in the very first issue of Total Vauxhall magazine and again in there 200th anniversary issue.
Very minor blistering on the bottom right hand corner of the bootlid but doesn't detract from the overall look of the car.
Please see the pics attached.
Offers in the region of £14K.
Had to put a price but open to realistic offers.
Please DM me if interested.

E100OMM_4.jpg

E100OMM_3.jpg

E100OMM_2.jpg

• Like 6

If mine had been in a road worthy condition when I bought it back in 2005, It would be still looking similar to this. 😎

Alas stripping it back for repairs makes you start thinking of modifications and boom you have a completely different looking car.

GLWTS it deserves a great price in that good of a standard (minus the sunroof, but adds value) condition.

Here's to you owning it for a 4th time in the future. :ph34r:🍻

• Like 2

11 hours ago, robah said:

If mine had been in a road worthy condition when I bought it back in 2005, It would be still looking similar to this. 😎

Alas stripping it back for repairs makes you start thinking of modifications and boom you have a completely different looking car.

GLWTS it deserves a great price in that good of a standard (minus the sunroof, but adds value) condition.

Here's to you owning it for a 4th time in the future. :ph34r:🍻

Cheers Rob, This will be the last time i should imagine, its a real tough call to let it go as everyone who knows me knows how much i think of this car,

But curcumstances change in life and sometimes has you doing things you dont really like doing.

I think offers around the 12k mark is a little more realistic in the current climate. But having said that the Black GTE coupe at Anglia Auctions certainly was not held back by the curent climate.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Cheers Rob, This will be the last time i should imagine, its a real tough call to let it go as everyone who knows me knows how much i think of this car,

But curcumstances change in life and sometimes has you doing things you dont really like doing.

I think offers around the 12k mark is a little more realistic in the current climate. But having said that the Black GTE coupe at Anglia Auctions certainly was not held back by the curent climate.

Why don’t you advertise it in the right places. Facebook and the forum are not the platforms. Classified eBay advert and car and classic is where it needs to be. 

• Like 4

On 23/06/2020 at 22:06, Danny D114BCW said:

Why don’t you advertise it in the right places. Facebook and the forum are not the platforms. Classified eBay advert and car and classic is where it needs to be. 

Thats my next step, just thought i would put it in the groups first, if im honest im in no hurry to let it go but needs must.

On 24/06/2020 at 18:45, starmist said:

Chris, you could try  collectingcars.com, they seem to be getting good results for sellers and it's free to sell.

I will try that, and cars and classics website, Cheers Simon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chrisb said:

E100 NOW SOLD, Going across the pond in a few weeks when the small blemishes have been seen too.

Hi Chris, 

great news it sold (in a way) I hope you got what you wanted and my advice helped. All the best.

3 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Hi Chris, 

great news it sold (in a way) I hope you got what you wanted and my advice helped. All the best.

Hi Danny,

Im happy with the price i got for it but still going to be a wrench when it actually goes mate. Never thought it would be sold again, But hey ho.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Chris Burt

I was the second owner of E100 0MM back in the 1990s and just happened to be discussing previous cars owned with my workmates today and we discovered that E100 0MM was still on the road.  You've certainly looked after it very well over the years.  Sorry to see it being sold.  I'm 3 months too late to buy it; although I recall you did offer me the chance to buy it back for the second time but sadly it wasn't practical for my work.

It's great to see the pictures and reminisce.

Best wishes

Trevor

On 15/09/2020 at 20:00, Trevtransporter said:

Hi Chris Burt

I was the second owner of E100 0MM back in the 1990s and just happened to be discussing previous cars owned with my workmates today and we discovered that E100 0MM was still on the road.  You've certainly looked after it very well over the years.  Sorry to see it being sold.  I'm 3 months too late to buy it; although I recall you did offer me the chance to buy it back for the second time but sadly it wasn't practical for my work.

It's great to see the pictures and reminisce.

Best wishes

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Great to hear from you, Unfortunately i had to let E100 go due to running out of space to keep her at home, It was a very hard decision as i love this car but had no choice really, my Bay window camper is part of the family and we have owned her many years and takes precedance over E100 for the garage space.

E100 has been sold although she is still in my mates bodyshop having a few little bits sorted out and then is being shipped of to Ireland to its new owner.

Best regards,

Chris.

• 1 month later...

Just a little update on E100 OMM, I collected the Manta from my mates bodyshop a week or so ago looking beautiful, put it in for its MOT, (Which it passed with no advisories).

And i suddenly realised just how much the car meant to me, The journey we have had over the last 22 years, selling, buying back, all of the magazine features etc.

And i really started to regret my decision, There is a lot of my heart and soul in this car,

I remember how elated i felt driving it back home from Simon Powells place when i got it back a couple of years ago.

So the upshot is.......

E100 is firmly staying put with me and is now residing back in my garage.

I was extremely lucky that the buyer was very understanding indeed, I feel extremely bad about changing my mind, but would have regretted it for evermore i feel once it had gone.

Special thanks to my buddy Mick Maher as ive bent his ear on numerous occasions on the decision to sell E100, He must think im a pain in the arse. Lol.

And extra special thanks to my wife Debbie for moving financies around to enable me to keep E100.

So there it is, all i can say is Danny, Think long and hard about letting your GTE coupe go mate, when it came to the crunch i just couldnt do it.

Edited by chrisb
added content
  • Like 10

Thanks for that 👍🏼 Glad you did what you had to do. I will think long and hard and when it’s finished I may feel differently but at the minute I could easily just sell the lot. Plus coupled with the fact they’re getting older and more hard work makes a Z4M Coupe sounds more fun and just generally better.

It’s still sat at the body shop so going nowhere soon. Happy motoring 😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2020 at 14:10, Monaco Blue said:

Been asked by Chris B to post this this on his behalf. Obviously, this particular car needs no introduction.

E100 OMM. Opel Manta GTE Exclusive Coupe for sale.

1988 with a genuine 90k on the clock.

A lot of you know this car through the club and it's magazine features.
It's been fitted with a non sunroof skin at Retro Power in 2014 at a cost of £3500.
Chassis legs and swan necks are absolutely mint.
Interior is very nice throughout and is still fitted with the standard Philips 752 radio cassette.
Under bonnet is lovely and clean. Oil and filter changed in the last 1k miles.
The mot runs until October but can put a new one on if required.
Lots of service history going back many years.
Inc sales brochures and invoices. Lots of old tax discs too.
I've owned this car 3 times in the last 22 years.
Magazine featured 3 times over that period too
Featured in the very first issue of Total Vauxhall magazine and again in there 200th anniversary issue.
Very minor blistering on the bottom right hand corner of the bootlid but doesn't detract from the overall look of the car.
Please see the pics attached.
Offers in the region of £14K.
Had to put a price but open to realistic offers.
Please DM me if interested.

E100OMM_4.jpg

E100OMM_3.jpg

E100OMM_2.jpg

Is this Manta still for sale? If so can you please call me on 07833645253 to discuss. Many thanks regards David 

6 hours ago, David Graham said:

Is this Manta still for sale? If so can you please call me on 07833645253 to discuss. Many thanks regards David 

Hi David, many thanks for the enquiry,  The car did sell very quickly, but when it came to the crunch i just could not part with it so its staying with me im afraid.

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

Thanks for coming back to me. My search continues lol ...Regards, David

Hello again Chris,

I wonder do you know from you experience if its possible to convert a Manta B from LHD to RHD?

Also do you know of any other Manta Bs for sale other than those online in the usual  places?

Many thanks.

Regards,

David 

On 26/11/2020 at 22:21, David Graham said:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for coming back to me. My search continues lol ...Regards, David

Hello again Chris,

I wonder do you know from you experience if its possible to convert a Manta B from LHD to RHD?

Also do you know of any other Manta Bs for sale other than those online in the usual  places?

Many thanks.

Regards,

David 

Hi David,

Its a big job to convert to RHD, as the whole bulkhead would need to be changed, Anything is possible but finding a good RHD bulkhead would be an issue i think.  Im sorry but i dont know any others for sale at the moment unfortunately, i have been approached a couple of times recently about my other Manta B hatch asking if its for sale, lots of people on the lookout at the moment it seems

• 2 months later...