New or old photo ?

That photo crops up on Facebook every now and then. Not sure what the history is and with that body kit, it is hard to say whether or not it is a genuine i200. Usually you could look out for the lack of any headlamp wash wipes on the bumper and obviously any interior pictures. Be nice to know what it is though as it has been sitting on that driveway for a while.

• Like 1

The body kit is a Mantzel Evolution/Elegance kit, or a copy of that kit.  I don't know about the car itself but I have that body kit on my Blue V8 so I am familiar with it. 

I have included pics of the original brochure from when the kit on mine was bought new in 88.

evolution..jpg

mantzel.jpg

washed..JPG

Edited by paulmanta
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, paulmanta said:

The body kit is a Mantzel Evolution/Elegance kit, or a copy of that kit.  I don't know about the car itself but I have that body kit on my Blue V8 so I am familiar with it. 

I have included pics of the original brochure from when the kit on mine was bought new in 88.

evolution..jpg

mantzel.jpg

washed..JPG

Sorry to hijack, are those Borbet As? 

19 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Sorry to hijack, are those Borbet As? 

Hi, Yes, They are, I bought two sets of 4 from a German guy a long time ago, he had them on a pair of wide body VW Golfs, I sold the 4 really wide rears and kept the 4 slightly less mad fronts. Which I then stripped and painted like you see. I made the centre caps from billet alloy and put the Opel Blitz logos on. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, paulmanta said:

Hi, Yes, They are, I bought two sets of 4 from a German guy a long time ago, he had them on a pair of wide body VW Golfs, I sold the 4 really wide rears and kept the 4 slightly less mad fronts. Which I then stripped and painted like you see. I made the centre caps from billet alloy and put the Opel Blitz logos on. 

Can you remember the ET measurement of them? I do love a set of them and might keep my eye out for some. 

On 19/04/2022 at 19:33, Irmscher Man said:

I reckon you might be right with the RMJ kit, which as Paul says was based on the Mantzel design. Lovely chap in the club made these and they were quite popular back in the day.

BA1E37E4-A2DE-4D7B-A366-CFECD000ADE5.jpeg

E571995B-5527-4096-84B6-D130392F7C1F.jpeg

Yes i met him about  15-20 years ago went to his unit in shrewsbury to see if he had any kits left,but unfortunately none left and he had even binned the original moulds which he said he would of given to me,which i would of given to the club tbh,but definitely a nice fellow "last of the oldschool" type.

I do remember his red gte d plate from the 90's which had the full kit on it was like the showcase car his daughter used to drive it..then it went to someone else in the club and remember a friend of mine doing a bit of welding on it in the late nineties not sure where it is now though,possible somebody on here knows.

Edited by evo3000

3 hours ago, evo3000 said:

I do remember his red gte d plate from the 90's which had the full kit on it was like the showcase car his daughter used to drive it..then it went to someone else in the club and remember a friend of mine doing a bit of welding on it in the late nineties not sure where it is now though,possible somebody on here knows.

Didn’t he get into producing fibreglass pond liners and pit liners for the garage? 
I think his red Manta is currently with Stuart the webmaster, who has been tinkering with it for a while now.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

Didn’t he get into producing fibreglass pond liners and pit liners for the garage? 
I think his red Manta is currently with Stuart the webmaster, who has been tinkering with it for a while now.

Good to hear its still about👍

i'm not sure what he went on to producing in the end tbh,but for sure moved away from the manta/car manufacturing side of things😎

i think the manta kit was always a sideline production wise.