Gunman's Project - I've started this Yoke!

gunman

I did miss a bit, and I did get runs, but I didnt show them in the pics. Wondered if you had a sixth sense or something[:D].

can all be fixed easy enough[^].

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those ways get you angry....I meant it the other way

OMOC 5817

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PeteM translation service :

You missed a bit : missed some prep or cleaning/painting)

*runs* : Runs away to avoid a Gunman kick for being cheeky.

I got it, you have to say some petem posts out loud sometimes !!! he was certainly not being rude, just having fun.

[:)]

-----what shall we use to fill the empty spaces where waves of hunger roar ?-----

My car isn't that high a standard, believe me I have seen quite a few cars around the local area that would put mine to shame, I'm far from a pro, at the end of the day as long as I get rid of the rust and well rustproof I'm happy. As I found myself under the car last night with an artists brush touching in the chips on the front crossmember after rebuilding, I thought 'I may be taking this a bit far' [:D][:D]

Worked away at the car all day and it took longer to get back on 4 wheels than I thought. The back axle took a lot longer than expected. I'll have to take the torque tube out again and paint tho at a later date. I was going to fit the older shocks again untill I sprayed, but it all looked so fresh it would have been a shame so I fitted the new ones[8D].

heres some pics of the back end:

[8D]100_0913.jpg

100_0912.jpg

all bolts done with waxoly before fitting and copper grease on threads. may also repaint the rear springs as they dont match the front. And if any of you are getting rear poly bushes from opel gt source, they come wigh new steel tubes and bolts, if you use these (and I did) the bolts wont fir through the brackets as the orig ones are 10mm but these, being from america are 29/64". I had to redrill all the holes on brackets and back axle[:(]. This is the sort of thing that held me back.[:(!]

Put in the shocks on the front as well now and removed the masking paper Again the shocks didnt have steel tube inserts so I had to start removing the ones from the old shocks[:(!]:

100_0914.jpg

the car dint really get the sun on its back as i wanted but did get a few moon rays:

100_0919.jpg

The car is now back inside, resting on its own 4 wheels and sleeping under its car cover.

I have renewed enthusiasm now due to sorting out a good seh for her, should be picking it up in Jan so want to have the car nearly ready for it[:P].

Oh and yes, the car will be at billing, I'll get it there!

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those ways get you angry....I meant it the other way

OMOC 5817

• 2 weeks later...

A year to the day this has been going on now[:0]

Project update has suffered a wee bit due to the crash on the forum, will updat the pics this evening all being well[;)]

OMOC 5817

quote:Originally posted by gunman

A year to the day this has been going on now[:0]

id="quote">id="quote">Party in your gaf Mark? [:D]

OMOC 6005id="blue">

Leinster, Munster & Connaught area Rep.

IMG_7018sa.jpg
id="right">

::::::::::: Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón. :::::::::::
id="green">

quote:Originally posted by XRIS GUNN

I guess we won't be invited to the spraying party, so we'll have ta make do with the sanding one

id="quote">id="quote">Doubt he would let us bring out own paint anyway! [8D]

OMOC 6005id="blue">

Leinster, Munster & Connaught area Rep.

IMG_7018sa.jpg
id="right">

::::::::::: Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón. :::::::::::
id="green">

Right, guards back on the car and front valance fitted, bolted on so it can be removed to chase the rust:

100_0940.jpg

100_0939.jpg

100_0935.jpg

100_0937.jpg

I had written more the first time around, but to be perfectly honest I cant remeber it all and quite frankly couldnt be bothered making it all up again lol [:I]

At the moment the NS guard is in primer and the OS is 95% preped. The front panel has to come back to bare metal as its been sprayed 3 times before and the rust hasnt been dealt with right[:(]. That and I'd be worried about a reaction.

I'd take some pics but my camera seems to be missing some batteries, its strange because thomas the tank engine seems to be going round his track a bit quicker tonight than he did last night[:D][:D].

I'll post pics tomorrow[;)]

manta.jpg

OMOC 5817

Cheers Mick!

Just got back and the engine is out in the garage under a nice duvet to keep her warm[:D]

Those wheels looke well too mate[;)]. I think robbie has claimed them tho for his A series, mine may possibly end up with revos if I can afford them, then again it could quite likely end up with std ronals[:D][:D]

You're a top bloke Mick and I hope to meet up again, Oh and cheers for the bonnet too[;)].

I'll post up a pic of the engine in its new home once I wake up a bit, have to drive 100 miles return now to give robbie a lift with the engine[|)][:(][xx(]

manta.jpg

OMOC 5817

Blimey, to be looking at stuff like this is dead flattering.

At the time of building stuff and buying stuff, I never ever thought what would happen to it all years down the line, so damn good to see it is all still about and all being made good use of.

East Midlands area Rep. email opel2000@ntlworld.com

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

quote:Blimey, to be looking at stuff like this is dead flattering.

At the time of building stuff and buying stuff, I never ever thought what would happen to it all years down the line, so damn good to see it is all still about and all being made good use of.

id="quote">id="quote">

I'm really glad you feel like that clive, I must admit to being very impressed with this engine. It looks even better than I expected and I expected it to look right and well[:)]. I'm having to resist the temptation to go out the the garage and polish it today[:D].

Oh, and I thought the dipstick was a nice touch[;)].

manta.jpg

OMOC 5817

Dipstick marks are class [:)].

Was great to get to Mick,s and see his cars and parts mind you we came away with a tad more than we had expected [:D] Cheers Mick.

have to get back over for a few more pints and hmmmmm that interesting cafe [B)]

http://www.mantamagic.com

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

The New OMOC Northern and Southern Ireland Forum

http://www.vxopel.com/phpBB/

id="blue">

V8banner.jpg

OMOC 5706

hehe, thats a proper cafe.

nice to meet you both, glad you could make use of some of my parts.[:)] i think im lucky you didnt take more[:D]

one thing ive learned this weekend is to stop drifting my surf[B)][:D]

Photo-0096.jpg

3 tons dont slide too well[;)]

omoc member 5918

400r trackday turbo on its way....

LOL Mick, I was waiting to see if you would mention that, I didnt want to untill you did[:D].

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but it was an image that will stay with me for many years[:D][:D]

Just glad we were out of the yoke first, I was down to my last clean pair of pants by that stage[:D]

also glad to hear that you didnt do any real damage or hurt yourself[^][^]

manta.jpg

OMOC 5817

[:I] that was better than any you tube video Mick, [:D] being right behind you in the van was as Mark says something that will be with us for many years, was so glad the tyres just blew of the rim and went back on ok.

I didnt laugh it was all Mark [:D][:D][:D][;)]

http://www.mantamagic.com

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

The New OMOC Northern and Southern Ireland Forum

http://www.vxopel.com/phpBB/

id="blue">

V8banner.jpg

OMOC 5706

Must say when I done the idpstick for the engine, it was something that just seemed obvious to do, and wasn't until reading this that i had forgot all about the dipstick.

I remebr someone once saying "perhaps your low on oil" I checked the oil and said, No there's "Loads" in there "look for yourself"[:D][:D]

Heck Mick[:0][:0][:0]

Bet that worried you at the time, lucky to have your rims undamaged as well as yourself in one piece.

And I bet you got some A hole come past and tell you .........

"you've got a flat tyre mate"

East Midlands area Rep. email opel2000@ntlworld.com

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

• 1 month later...

OK, sorry there hasnt been much of an update on this.

Anyway, the guards back on the car now and have both been prep'd and primed, as has the scuttle and the front panel. The front panel had to be taken back to bare metal as rust was starting under the paint. So the car is in primer from the bottom of the windscreen forwards:

100_1000.jpg

Then I started to think, If I have the main body of the car sprayed what am I going to do with the doors, bonnet boot etc? I only have 1 garage and its not too big anyway. I wouldnt want to risk getting overspray on the finished car.

So i have now begun working on getting the doors etc sprayed. Once top coated they will be going to bed in the spare room, and I mean in the bed with the duvet up round them.

O/S door has been stripped, rust removed, filled, primed and just today has ben top coated.

100_1001.jpg

100_1041.jpg

100_1043.jpg

A day or 2 untill it can be moved now, got a wee bit of dust in it but it should cut out, I hope.

manta.jpg

OMOC 5817

Been a long time since I have read a thread as interesting as this one. It looks really good, well done. Will it make it to the great plains??

We like our cars like we like our women! Clean, stripped and 18 years old!!