Membership

eldoradoCoupe

Hi,

Can anyone help with membership?

My membership expired on 25th January and I want to renew as a web member but the site only gives me an option to join as a full member. I have submitted this query to site admins twice and have messaged the membership secretary on several occasions both on facebook and via the site but no-one has replied. I realize club is run by volunteers and that everyone's busy but its 10 weeks since I first tried to resolve this!

• Sad 1

I would love to be able to renew my membership too, as it is due to expire in few days, but I can't work out how to do it.  I've logged in properly, as this message proves, and my renewal e-mail directed me to the membership section.  That section shows only the option to "join" rather than to renew.  I've tried clicking on the "join" button several times and it simply takes me back to the site's homepage!

A site search for "membership renewal" revealed only eldoradoCoupe's recent question.

HELP!  Please!

PS - I considered replying to Simon's renewal reminder e-mail too, but the wonders of modern technology inform me that the sender's e-mail address appears to be an unmonitored one, so presumably a waste of time to reply...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, gr.king said:

I would love to be able to renew my membership too, as it is due to expire in few days, but I can't work out how to do it.  I've logged in properly, as this message proves, and my renewal e-mail directed me to the membership section.  That section shows only the option to "join" rather than to renew.  I've tried clicking on the "join" button several times and it simply takes me back to the site's homepage!

A site search for "membership renewal" revealed only eldoradoCoupe's recent question.

HELP!  Please!

Unfortunately I don’t have the answer to your question as the membership side of things is very difficult to get answers for. Can you screen shot the pages as you go through them and post them up? So I can have a look at what’s going on. 

Thanks for the reply Steve,

So when I click on the membership button I get this screen which only gives one option.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM73iksBnL5a3nd1HCs5T6kXGjXjnGrq2Ifyb5x

But if I logout and click the button I get the full range, but as soon as I click the option I want it asks me to log back in and then it takes me back to the screen above.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNGxfXGm0pozdjatFXmBFeCh_1CAYmtNE9V8Kuv

Roger

Sorry steve, I put the screen shots in my Google photos account and linked to them. Not sure how else to share them. I'll have another dig here and see if I can figure it. 

Yes I've had an email, just refers me to the membership tab which only shows an option,that being full membership. 

Ok. Sounds a bit too technical for anything I can dig into. It’s pointless me clicking on it because it doesn’t give me anything as my membership is up to date. Hopefully someone from the membership team can assist soon but let this weekend pass as they will all be busy at the NEC for the next couple of days. 

• Thanks 1

So as far as I understand there isn't a simple way to change from Web to full or full to Web member it's just an issue with the system so it would need to be done manually.

On 24/03/2023 at 15:12, eldoradoCoupe said:

Hi,

Can anyone help with membership?

My membership expired on 25th January and I want to renew as a web member but the site only gives me an option to join as a full member. I have submitted this query to site admins twice and have messaged the membership secretary on several occasions both on facebook and via the site but no-one has replied. I realize club is run by volunteers and that everyone's busy but its 10 weeks since I first tried to resolve this!

If you message me you details I'll try and get this sorted for you

On 24/03/2023 at 16:12, gr.king said:

HELP!  Please!

PS - I considered replying to Simon's renewal reminder e-mail too, but the wonders of modern technology inform me that the sender's e-mail address appears to be an unmonitored one, so presumably a waste of time to reply...

If you want to send me your details and membership number I will try and get this sorted and back to you thanks

• Like 1

On 28/03/2023 at 20:38, lewis p said:

So as far as I understand there isn't a simple way to change from Web to full or full to Web member it's just an issue with the system so it would need to be done manually.

If you message me you details I'll try and get this sorted for you

If you want to send me your details and membership number I will try and get this sorted and back to you thanks

Thanks Lewis, 

You've probably already noticed my private message including my details sent to you Monday 3rd April...

I think my membership has now expired. Not sure how long my forum access lasts.

Correction!  Problem solved. On re-checking the membership section after posting the message above, my expiry was shown as 6-10pm today and a "renew membership" button had appeared. Renewal payment duly made.

Thanks.

Edited by gr.king
added info
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...