Manta A with Z20let engine

• 3 months later...

Morning Guys, has anyone got a link, a thread or project that I can look at to get info to do this build? Or something that is similar? 

My A series Currently has no front chassis legs as they were rotten. Lots of work to be done. But I don’t want to waste time on this. I want to make progress. 

ANYONE show some guidance 

Thanks

10 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

Get searching through projects, only A I can recall having a z20 is one Simon built. He doesn’t frequent much online I’m afraid 

I’ve been searching everywhere, especially here, but can only find C20LET/XE conversions. Didn’t want to waste time putting standard legs back on if you have to cut stuff away and stupidly I sold all my manta stuff (front subframe, suspension etc) 

Wanted to get a decent thread or build to follow collect all the information before commuting to buy a yet another donor car. This has to be my last hope of actually getting my Manta going in its final direction

5 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Yeah, or at least the subframe in it was. Can’t quite remember but it had the engine mount chopped off 

Yes I put the the front end in from a c20let manta A I had at the time as it was better than the one that the voyage had in it when I owned it.
it had a  later 2.0 cih which was siezed in it. 
I was going to fit a c25xe into the voyage. 

Just now, Paul Barrett said:

Yes I put the the front end in from a c20let manta A I had at the time as it was better than the one that the voyage had in it when I owned it.
it had a  later 2.0 cih which was siezed in it. 
I was going to fit a c25xe into the voyage. 

Ah, so that is the answer there then. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

All the standard A series front legs and subframe doesn’t change. As said just modify the engine mounts for z20, much the same conversion 

Amazing. Thanks Paul for all your replies. Anywhere you’d recommend getting front legs from? Dr Manta still the guy? 

20 minutes ago, H-400 said:

I used the chassis rails from Eckhardt Schneider. He makes them for both Manta A and B.   He is a German but is also on this forum.

You can order them also on several German webshops:

https://www.ebay.de/str/opelleidingertuning/Blech-Karosserieteile/_i.html?store_cat=15807816015

Thank you, what was the quality like?

21 hours ago, VipersCustomBodyshop said:

Thank you, what was the quality like?

They are top notch, I have some when he bought them over 6 years ago. Sold them on recently as not needed for me anymore and someone needed. 
much Hester than OE for strength, great for a high powered car 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

They are top notch, I have some when he bought them over 6 years ago. Sold them on recently as not needed for me anymore and someone needed. 
much Hester than OE for strength, great for a high powered car 

Amazing, I’ve sent him a private message on here. Hopefully comes back soon. Does he do body panels etc too? 

Just built a garage at home so once that’s ready, the Manta will be going to the blasters. And it begins again

12 minutes ago, VipersCustomBodyshop said:

Amazing, I’ve sent him a private message on here. Hopefully comes back soon. Does he do body panels etc too? 

Just built a garage at home so once that’s ready, the Manta will be going to the blasters. And it begins again

I’m not sure about panels but I have some A series stuff left. 

drop me a message with what you need