‘77 Kadett 1.2 Coupe

Used to have a 1.2S in yellow beige a long time ago lovely car if a bit under powered, thought the engine was same as Chevette but soon found out nothing fitted as was all metric!

• Like 1

and yes after looking at the pics there no real evidence of any actual rust . all looks very good and may very well wash and polish up fine ? even the wheels look pretty rust free . how long were 'runway' tyres around ? /fairly new ? ? has someone replaced them more recently ? 

• Like 1

Battery looks new - someone has probably tried to start it. 

I may be wrong but I always think that's asking for trouble unless you carry out some basic prepwork first...

Answer - stick a V8 in it.

🤪

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

always wondered how much stuff / if any was interchangeable between those engines . i assume its badically the same engine used in early astras too . looks a very very similar design almost an 80% copy !

Yeah used in 1.2 Astra and I think maybe Corsa A/Nova. Tried to fit a Chevette inlet manifold for a 28/36 DCD Weber it didn’t line up! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanG said:

Yeah used in 1.2 Astra and I think maybe Corsa A/Nova. Tried to fit a Chevette inlet manifold for a 28/36 DCD Weber it didn’t line up! 

wow, never knew they released the Astra with the OHV, the 1l3ohc was a cracking engine, but that 1.2 was a complete 1950s boat anchor.

My first car was a Kadett 1.2 saloon in baby blue, had it for 3months before doing a deal with it for my 1st Manta and the rest is history ofc. 😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

wow, never knew they released the Astra with the OHV, the 1l3ohc was a cracking engine, but that 1.2 was a complete 1950s boat anchor.

My first car was a Kadett 1.2 saloon in baby blue, had it for 3months before doing a deal with it for my 1st Manta and the rest is history ofc. 😂

I did manage to tune the 1256cc engine back in the day in a Chevette, tuftrided balanced lightened crank, 40 thou oversize bore, 4:1 big exhaust, Brabham twin carbs, used to go really well but not really worth the money I spent on it!

• Like 1