B V8, but not an MG...

This has been on before,..i like it,quite nicely executed with the SR V8 decals,...however for the money i would expect more attention to detail on that interior.👍

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 2

On 03/02/2024 at 09:37, Sutty2006 said:

Interesting vehicle. Terrible description, dealer selling it on? 

It is a private seller, he bought it from Mike Hill Motorsport who deals in all kinds of classics on Fleabay, that is where I'd seen it before. Since then it has had the carbs tuned and added a full stainless exhaust system.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Definitely needs a better description. I do love a V8. It needs a small spoiler to finish it off and lowering slightly then it’ll look perfect. 

Yeah it does seem to sit a little high, not convinced the paint is going to be as good close up, door shut area looks like the switch etc were not masked up but I'm being picky.

1 minute ago, TheRealExile said:

Yeah it does seem to sit a little high, not convinced the paint is going to be as good close up, door shut area looks like the switch etc were not masked up but I'm being picky.

Nothing wrong with being picky when 10k is on the table. Let’s face it, what’s its value if it had a 1.9 or 2.0 in it? Rover V8 is an ok engine but not my first choice. What ever happened to that black n grey tubbed shell that was struggling to sell? Did it find a new owner? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Nothing wrong with being picky when 10k is on the table. Let’s face it, what’s its value if it had a 1.9 or 2.0 in it? Rover V8 is an ok engine but not my first choice. What ever happened to that black n grey tubbed shell that was struggling to sell? Did it find a new owner? 

Maybe 6k tops as with the interior the way it is? It vanished off Fleabay a while ago, he should have left the engine in it probably, I did stick an offer in when the engine was in there in a moment of madness, he probably ended up taking less than I offered in the end, my plan was to paint it all a deep gloss black and sort the interior, I hope it does show up again though, shame if it is sat stuck in his garage still.

2 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

Maybe 6k tops as with the interior the way it is? It vanished off Fleabay a while ago, he should have left the engine in it probably, I did stick an offer in when the engine was in there in a moment of madness, he probably ended up taking less than I offered in the end, my plan was to paint it all a deep gloss black and sort the interior, I hope it does show up again though, shame if it is sat stuck in his garage still.

Very much so. When a car is modified you change its potential selling audience. You’d have to buy that shell and fit a knarley v8 in it (or a Cummins if you were me 🤣) just for fun. I too would love to see it again getting some TLC. But no way you’d be able to put it back to standard after all that was cut out of it! 

• Like 1

Thank you, Jess.

I now know what a Mancona is (sorry for ignorance 😊!) and they're a bit new/modern for me I'm affraid.

I was thinking V8 A Series... 

All the best

LS🙂

On 05/02/2024 at 09:40, TheRealExile said:

The kit alone, try buying it 😕

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

6995 .... tempting for someone? 

Quite a reduction. I think it could do a bit better with a couple if minor tweaks. If it was put back to a closer OEM look and keep the V8 perhaps. Looks like it’s jacked up as it is, wonder if it’s exhausted under the front subframe 

• Like 2

I think it went for about six and a half when Mike sold it... but he's since added the exhaust and had the carbs setup.

Be much better if he could get it sat lower like you say, got to be something afoot but would need to see it in the flesh. 

• Like 1