1980 Manta B coupe SR

opelnz

I may be mad, but I've decided to sell my Manta coupe 2.0SR, that I bought a while back from an omoc member.

It's RKH600W, the rare Pistacchio Green colour with vinyl roof - no rust evident in the slide roof area - and the plastic covered bumpers. Manual 4 spd gearbox, black cloth seats, and cream headlining. ATS Rostyle wheels. 101,450 miles. SR steering wheel.

Very tidy all round, not immaculate. A few spots of rust starting to appear, and the worst is inner lip of the o/s front wing which should be an easy repair or replace. Painted with rustkill a while back, so hasn't got any worse. There have been past repairs underside, before my ownership which still look good. Headlight reflectors just starting to rust around outer edges, and there's a pair of spares inside. I would have replaced, but will need to swap over the headlight wipers and I ran out of time. 

The only issue is the car is with me here in New Zealand, but looking to ship back to UK shortly as the cars are not well known in NZ.

Technically, the car is still on SORN in UK, and no export marker, so to the best of my knowledge, it should only need to be moted to get back on the road there. Over 40 years old, so mot is maybe only for peace of mind?

Not posted on here for a while, and cant recall how to post up pics. There are some on the OpelForumNZ Facebook page, or if someone could post up for me, I could send through.

Looking for £15-18k if interested, otherwise will be putting through an auction house. Adrian Thomas suggested I post here first.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Thanks for that. Are you able to access/view the FB page out of interest?

PS: I removed the large lower front foglights, but wiring/switch is still there if buyer wants to add new ones

Edited by opelnz
Added the ps msg

8 hours ago, opelnz said:

Thanks for that. Are you able to access/view the FB page out of interest?

PS: I removed the large lower front foglights, but wiring/switch is still there if buyer wants to add new ones

I'm not on Faceache so unless it's open then probably not.

20 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

I'm not on Faceache so unless it's open then probably not.

Thats what i used to say mate,i only joined for the Manta intrerest purely to get the bigger catchment for parts services and cars.

However there seems to be some club members selling stuff on there, which should be offered to the club first imho.

Edited by evo3000

On 02/03/2024 at 20:53, ®evo03 said:

I have joined OFNZ, I hope it's about Opel's 😂😂. Need to join to view. 

Will post your car photos here later👍

Great car, good luck with sale, unique colour. 

Not seeing your application, mate?

On 02/03/2024 at 12:31, TheRealExile said:

Lovely car from memory, well out of my range until my other Project goes sadly but good luck with the sale, I'm sure someone will snap your hand off.

Just remembered I had a new heated windscreen fitted to this car that I got sent over to NZ in a crate....

I just didn't have time for Facebook when  I came off it in 2008, not sure I do now either, I remember constant pestering to try this game or app and unsolicited messages, perhaps it is more secure/private these days.

Edited by TheRealExile

Pics downloaded and added for opelnz.

Commision on the sale 3% 😂

FB_IMG_1709492946941.jpg

FB_IMG_1709492879620.jpg

FB_IMG_1709492970862.jpg

FB_IMG_1709492934681.jpg

FB_IMG_1709492891027.jpg

Nice car, same as brothers first manta, without sunroof, rare for a B, with a vinyl roof 😎

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

Front screen? 🤩

Yes, just didnt get around to connecting it up at the time of fitting, as the old screen was needed for another Manta I was selling cheap in NZ, and was only able to find the heated windscreens in UK to ship over...

• Like 1

lIysUjf.jpg

Back on Memory Lane, my first one. Baby bleu with military plates.

@ Opel nz: Your car looks great, never seen that pistache green on a Manta 😍; Succes with the sale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wooo, nearly the same car, but guessing yours is earlier with chrome bumpers, and rostyles, no wipers, no spoiler. 

I think the vinyl roof was dark blue, navy colour. Never seen another with blue tinted glass from factory. 

Later, red exclusives had green tint glass. Think this baby blue colour really suits the car. 

I still have the berlinetta badges as the wings where replaced for new ones £5 each. And £5 of petrol nearly filled it.  

Boot badge was 2.0  manta sr. 

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 2

On 04/03/2024 at 08:10, ®evo03 said:

Pics downloaded and added for opelnz.

Comision on the sale 3% 😂

FB_IMG_1709492946941.jpg

FB_IMG_1709492879620.jpg

FB_IMG_1709492970862.jpg

FB_IMG_1709492934681.jpg

FB_IMG_1709492891027.jpg

Nice car, same as brothers first manta, without sunroof, rare for a B, with a vinyl roof 😎

Thanks for downloading for me 😎

• Like 2

• 1 month later...