22 hours ago, Ems said:

The metal back plates look like Irmscher or Hella units, the bezels are aftermarket.

I thought that, looks like it’s been put together from a few surviving parts. Still some good little original bits there. 

They are one of the versions that was fitted to Manta's back in the day.

But they look to be missing some of the fittings in those pictures. Mainly the little brackets that reach back from the metal frames to the fixing points. But also the long threaded rods that go from the front covers back through the metal brackets and the large plate that accepts them.

I think they were sold back in the day to fit multiple cars you just chose different facias and fitting kits for each type. Biggest downsides to these are that the front covers have to be removed to aim the lights. Also the covers tend to deform over time as all the pulling force is in the middle, especially if the car goes in an oven for paintwork.

This is a set i had some years back

IMG_20180510_115923942.thumb.jpg.bfc95751f310178c5c9d6d6aca371b36.jpgIMG_20180510_115927438.thumb.jpg.632f5e0207ba69a8ee939204a859c01d.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mantasrme said:

They are one of the versions that was fitted to Manta's back in the day.

But they look to be missing some of the fittings in those pictures. Mainly the little brackets that reach back from the metal frames to the fixing points. But also the long threaded rods that go from the front covers back through the metal brackets and the large plate that accepts them.

I think they were sold back in the day to fit multiple cars you just chose different facias and fitting kits for each type. Biggest downsides to these are that the front covers have to be removed to aim the lights. Also the covers tend to deform over time as all the pulling force is in the middle, especially if the car goes in an oven for paintwork.

This is a set i had some years back

IMG_20180510_115923942.thumb.jpg.bfc95751f310178c5c9d6d6aca371b36.jpgIMG_20180510_115927438.thumb.jpg.632f5e0207ba69a8ee939204a859c01d.jpg

Great to know I guess they are staring cheap as you would need to fabricate those mounts, not for me then…….