Broadspeed rep

MantaMad

Heck Robbie! you coming over to Leics????

I'll have to get the gloves out mate so we can have a bit of a spar [;)][;)][:D] Only kidding

I'll get those other prices off to you mate.

Must say that polished stainless against the Black is absolutely stunning, best way to keep clean is to wipe down with a soft wet cloth dipped in a solution of washing up liquid and hot water in order to remove any dust/dirt. followed by a bit of car body wax to remove any streaks on the stainless.

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing my luck the plane would crash Ian lol [:(]

Not sure whats happening yet Joe, well apart from one thing it wont be the black Audi Quattro coming over, I changed it the other day again lol [:)]

http://www.mantamagic.com

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

opel-Robbie-sig1s.gif

OMOC 5706

Please dont shoot me it,s only an opinion not a demand

Email robbie @ mantamagic.com (without the spaces)

"best way to keep clean is to wipe down with a soft wet cloth dipped in a solution of washing up liquid and hot water in order to remove any dust/dirt. followed by a bit of car body wax to remove any streaks "

Thanks for that Clive. I'll try it in the shower tonight...[:o)][:D]

Another car Robbie! What is it this time?

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

quote:Originally posted by Joe

"best way to keep clean is to wipe down with a soft wet cloth dipped in a solution of washing up liquid and hot water in order to remove any dust/dirt.

id="quote">id="quote">

As washing up liquid is sand based I would not be putting it anywhere near a car's paint work even in a diluted format!

Get a Megs BD [;)]

OMOC 6005id="blue">

Leinster, Munster & Connaught area Rep.

The New OMOC Ireland Forum

http://www.vxopel.com

id="blue">

IMG_7018sa.jpg
id="right">

::::::::::: Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón. :::::::::::
id="green">

quote:Originally posted by Atlantean

id="quote">id="quote">

As washing up liquid is sand based I would not be putting it anywhere near a car's paint work even in a diluted format!

id="quote">id="quote">

I suspect he means the stainless steel.

As for the car, meh. I've seen worse. [:P]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

hmackay at opel-manta.com

sigpic.JPG

I hae a few guid reasons for drinkin’

And yin juist entered ma heid

If a man canna’ drink while he’s livin’

Hoo the Hell can he drink when he’s deid!

Er yes I do mean the stainless steel

And i do appreciate that washing up liquid is best kept away from cars paintwork.

Just to make this clear..... A Wet or damp soft cloth from a solution of washing up liquid and hot water is best for cleaning dust and grime off of polished stainless, followed by a smidgeon of car body wax to remove any smears.

I don't mean a soaking wet rag equivalent of P80 grade emery dripping with neat toasting hot washing up liquid (Antibacterial??[:D]) Sploshing slapping splashing all over the paint work.

Was sort of thinking nice neat precise cleaning in the correct manner.

Peace dudes[:D][8D]

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

I found using glass cleaner on the stainless to be pretty good at removing the water marks, again on a soft polishing cloth.

Truely excellent engine bay there Robbie. There's something about polished steel set into black paintwork which looks much better than nearly all other colours. I'm a bit jealous of those infill strips on the wing joins as I tried to make some myself out of chequer plate, needless to say with me making them, they ended up in the bin [:(]

I'm sure we'll see this at Billing won't we? It's now fully road legal and in top show condition so no excuse [;)]

banner.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/rick_manta

Hi Robbie,

Your engine bay, I'd say is as close to perfection as you can get.... just amazing[^] The finishing touches make all the difference. Like other's...hope I get a chance to see the car up close, billing 2007?.

It's on the road as well, must be great to drive.

What did you use for the ignition system to go with the standard 16v dizzy?

The big question I have been waiting to ask is..... what's the 16v like to drive, compared to the V8? ie..weight distibution, acceleration, handling, braking, gear ratios/revs etc?

If you had to choose just one car, would it be the V8 or the 16v?

Cheers[;)]

Mal...OMOC #6022 malalsal@aol.com H9OP6tnFJvCgw3kz3xgONVPRv4v9t6WR0060.jpg Start your Manta restoration today........ before it's too late!

quote:Originally posted by Manta Mal

Hi Robbie,

It's on the road as well, must be great to drive.

What did you use for the ignition system to go with the standard 16v dizzy?

The big question I have been waiting to ask is..... what's the 16v like to drive, compared to the V8? ie..weight distibution, acceleration, handling, braking, gear ratios/revs etc?

If you had to choose just one car, would it be the V8 or the 16v?

id="quote">id="quote">

The ign system wiring is straight forward Mal with the twin 40,s fitted to the car, 1800 dissy connected to the manta coil system as standard, then just 3 wires to get it going plus minus and the rev counter wire [:)]

The 16v does seem to go like stink and revs very clean, totally different to the v8 and the torque both cars weight wise are not very far apart as the v8 is an alloy block and has just under the weight of the old 1900 engine. Handling is fine though I might install gas spacs to see if I can get it better than it already is. gear ratios seem fine at the moment I,m using the 3.44 diff though may try a 3.67 down the line just to see the difference. Both cars have 16V front calipers and vented discs which work well. The V8 has discs brakes on the rear as well so it would be a lot sharper. [:)]

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

opel-Robbie-sig1s.gif

OMOC 5706

Had the car out at our local show yesterday and got some pics of the engine bay in real daylight, hopefully these do it a bit more justice and show of Clives quality somewhat better.

stainless%202.JPG

stainless%2010.JPG

stainless%203.JPG

stainless%204.JPG

stainless%209.JPG

Clives making a few more bits for the engine bay this week so that will hopefully be it finished for a while [:)]

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

opel-Robbie-sig1s.gif

OMOC 5706

Robbie....The car needs a clean already[:0] Guess you have been out on gravel tracks for some sideways drifting.[:D]

I have owned dark coloured cars in the past, they show up the road dirt 'n' dust, within a few miles after a wash down[:(]

If you could only cover the whole car in cling film, drive to club meets, then peel it off. [;)]

There is only one way the keep a restored Manta mint....Place the whole car, full time, in one of those giant carcoon poly tents with climate control. You pass through an airlock to view it..... LOL! [:D]

Mal...OMOC #6022 malalsal@aol.com H9OP6tnFJvCgw3kz3xgONVPRv4v9t6WR0060.jpg Start your Manta restoration today........ before it's too late!

So whats next robbie?

You're welcome to this one if you want.

No charge [:D]

chicken.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

sigpic.JPG

rofl Shug even thats beyond me, no no no. I,m going to chill for a season and play about with a few things on the V8 and now that one of my lads has a manta I'm sure there will be plenty to keep me busy [:(]

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

opel-Robbie-sig1s.gif

OMOC 5706

• 1 month later...

The cars had plenty off driving this past while and it was fun driving it to Billing except from the bit where they put us on the top deck of the ferry which is open to the sea spray for 9hrs. [:(]Gives you visions of the car turning into a sive and has to do it all over again going home, Nowt a good wash won't sort out,I Don't have any plans to add or change anything at the moment well apart from an LSD in the winter maybe. [:)]

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

opel-Robbie-sig1s.gif

OMOC 5706

quote:Originally posted by Robbie

except from the bit where they put us on the top deck of the ferry which is open to the sea spray for 9hrs. [:(]Gives you visions of the car turning into a sive

id="quote">id="quote">

Maybe next time you're going over the pond in one of your fine vehicles, bring a water proof car cover just in case. Many congrats on the 1st place and car of the show, I'm sure it makes all the hard work worth while.

banner.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/rick_manta

Cheers Rick the show was great and was so proud that our members really liked the car. [:)]

Now that the car is finsihed not sure what wee tweeks or changes to do to it, will just drive it for the summer now anyways and enjoy, though any changes will be small. Any ideas anyone [?]

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

opel-Robbie-sig1s.gif

OMOC 5706

Twin turbos?

Supercharger?

[:D]

OMOC #5988

sigpic.JPG

Actually I have just taken delivery of some dark lager from czech republic and an interesting bottle of "red devil" whisky with chilli in it.[}:)]

which brings me to this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Original-Hecksche ... dZViewItem

I know its your kinda thing [;)]

OMOC #5988

sigpic.JPG