The Coupe 8v

NE pistons look the same Joe.

I had an NE block and an SEH block side by side at one point.

Looking good though Ian, and with the amount of time it's taken so far i was expecting to see the block polished by now[:D][:D]

Come on then dude get it finished and running, all the work is in the cleaning and the prep to rebuild, only takes a few hours to build an engine mate, stop hanging around[:D][:D][:D]

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Big changes soon, and inevitable price increases too I'm afraid

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Only cost me £75.00 for new shells, rings and gasket set and a couple of cans of paint.

And as a married man with a sh1t load of debt a mortgage and 2 kids at the time I built mine I had a disposable income of approx £20 per week

Am I really bidding on a stuffed stoat????

Lost the stoat auction[:(]

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,the engine does look good on its stand,but as the line from the dirty dozen film went 'very pretty but can they fight?'

Do need to think of some way of getting the coupe sorted far enough to get an MOT to see what that engine goes like.

South Midz Manta Bitz

Selling all sorts of parts for your Manta,we dont know exactly what we have got,but there's so much we probably have what you want!surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

A MANTAMAN/ 'DEL BOY' Enterprize

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds and North Bucks,and now with added Hertfordshire!

It's a Vauxhall SOHC 8v 2 litre engine Pete, as used in Cavalier SRis etc (and I assume it was originally the 130bhp one Ian).

I've got one to put into my hatch too. You'll be able to read more about that in the next Manta Magic if I finish writing the article soon.

Cheers,

Joe.

• 8 months later...

Good grief Ian. The left side of your face looks awful...[:o)]

Sorry.

Take it easy mate. I'd seriously recommend a face shield next time. I was always told 'you can't get another eye from the stores' when I was an apprentice. Mind you, if the goggles failed, that's a real downer.

As to our SEH race, I got the head back onto mine this afternoon.[;)]

All the best,

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log in to the Forum from the home page folks. It helps to keep the site at the top of Google.

• 1 year later...
quote:Ok just a quick update.... it seem's the coupe might be going after all...
id="quote">id="quote">

What you mean after posting up on driftworks about how good this car is gonna be and "I'm gonna take this to the place where you had your 800bhp shell prepp'd" you are seriously thinking of getting shut of it????????

The lads on driftworks will be disapointed mate [:(]

As usual Ian N hasn't explained himself fully, The project will be finnished as originally planned but perhaps not in this coupe but another.

Developments locally means Ian may have a choice of Manta's, but i'll leave it at that and let Ian break any news IF the 'other' Manta comes 'our' way.

Oh and i know some of you think progress is slow,well it is but Ian is a totally skint student dosser hammering his overdraft on a daily basis and cannot get home very often from Uni to tackle anything on his coupe that dont cost him money.He has dreams and ambition and with his growing skills in all things motorsport he's learning at Uni Ian will be able to put together a Manta that will interest a lot of you,just it's on a necessarily long tIme scale.

I've got piles of all sorts of Manta parts,i might even have something you need!

surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds Herts and North Bucks.

Time, Money, Skill, Tools, Materials.

Scrap that lot above. It is commitment that counts more than anything.

Most people that have anything about them will learn any necesarry skills as they go along, tools can be borrowed, materials can be sourced for pennies so cash does not really become an issue, and spending 2 hours a weekend will see a days work done over the period of a month.

Engine takes an evening to rebuild.

Just got so sick to the back teeth of listening to Ian telling me in person just how good and fast this car is going to be, can only assume that would be due to the weight gained in the shell due to lack of material in it.

This car is never going to happen. Like I've always told him.

Prove me wrong.

Ok

I'm done now, I'm not going to update this thread anymore due to people repeatedly having digs at me.

It's turned into a slagging off session as it always seems, because of lack of progress, I am trying but seems people are all too eager to slag me off at any given chance cause I'm always struggling to get anything done with this car.

My situation is NOT easy to work with, I'm stuck half the year away DOING MY F**KING DEGREE! NO JOB OR DECENT INCOME, a car to already pay for, AND NO ACCESS TO THE CAR MOST OF THE TIME I AM HOMEid="size4">

I try my best but odiously people here can't see i do wish to see this car finished, but haven't got the patience to wait.

quote:Originally posted by opel2000

Told you years ago it was never going to be [;)]

id="quote">id="quote">

Kick him while hes down why dont you? [B)]

If someone hasnt the time money or resources to restore a motor at least give them the respect they deserve for trying!!!!!

Not having a go but when i lost complete interest in my B series i got so much overwhelming support i thought heck i'l carry on a bit!

------------

Drift on!!!!

OMOC 6081

mnta2.jpgMRM22P5.jpg

The thing is Sutty I know Ian, and I have been told so much about this super engine and what it is going to be pushing out BHP wise, and how good the car is going to be etc., etc.

Told him to do it and prove me wrong, but knew he never would.

You see Sutty you are a newcomer on here and there are a lot of people that you don't know that know each other, pretty big clue to this may have been where i said something along the lines of "said to face"