Show us your other projects!

h0tr0dder_uk

The daily hack - Renault 4 GTL

100_1288.jpg

Rally Manta and 220hp Scimitar (engine out for rebuild at the mo)

100_1285.jpg

R4 Gordini body and Panda 4x4 pickup

100_1284.jpg

R4 Gordini chassis and 1972 1650 Beetle chassis + the bikes

100_1281.jpg

Old faithful Fergie. Handles car hauling duties

100_1280.jpg

1600 Beetle - £200 with 12months T+T!

100_1279.jpg

My 16v Cav and SRB coupe in the garage

100_1278.jpg

Beetle shell and ex works Frogeye

100_1277.jpg

Didn't get my mothers '79 280CE or the newest addition - a Renault 4 'La Poste' van [:D]

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper FOR SALE, Yakshimash.

Love the frog eye sprite [:) Great workshop including shopping trolley [:)]

That sure is some collection of motors and enough work to keep you going for a long long time. On one hand I wish I had more storage space on the other hand I,m glad I dont or I would have to many motors as well [^]

http://www.mantamagic.com

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

V8banner.jpg

OMOC 5706

Please dont shoot me it,s only an opinion not a demand

Email robbie @ mantamagic.com (without the spaces)

quote:Originally posted by h0tr0dder_uk

doesn't look like you have much work there - perhaps you should buy a few more cars!! [:D]

id="quote">id="quote">

[:D][:D][:D][:D] Was thinking along the same lines myself.

I'll have to get some of the SX piccies up, can't have a car that isn't any sort of project.

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Every car is a project!

I can't afford to get a garage to do it all [:I]

Thats, erm, it.

DSCF0007.JPG

I like to think of it as a Manta support vehicle! [:D]

view.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

hmackay at opel-manta.com

sigpic.JPG

I hae a few guid reasons for drinkin’

And yin juist entered ma heid

If a man canna’ drink while he’s livin’

Hoo the Hell can he drink when he’s deid!

quote:doesn't look like you have much work there - perhaps you should buy a few more cars!!
id="quote">id="quote">

Funny you should say that. I've just bought a Senator 24v [8D][:D][8D]

I like the pic of your A series on the trailer Shug. It looks like something off 'Christine'

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper FOR SALE, Yakshimash.

quote:Originally posted by entwistlecymru

I like the pic of your A series on the trailer Shug. It looks like something off 'Christine'

id="quote">id="quote">

Pic was taken whilst in officially the longest traffic queue/jam known to mankind in deepest darkest cornwall! [;)]

I think they were trying to build a big moat to stop paul importing any more mantas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

hmackay at opel-manta.com

sigpic.JPG

I hae a few guid reasons for drinkin’

And yin juist entered ma heid

If a man canna’ drink while he’s livin’

Hoo the Hell can he drink when he’s deid!

lol If it ain't traffic jams it's speed cameras. The 'safety' camera partnership have way too much time on their hands if they can spare however many years it took to erect all the cameras down Cornwall way. Glad I live in West Wales - There aren't any on the main roads around here, sheep and tractors do their job [:D]

That garage is amazing, every tool has its place. I'd feel bad leaving anything out on a bench.

The other day I was searching for houses on the net and realised after about an hour that the only search criteria I had put in were a drive and garage.

[:I]

Dan

4f8.jpg

Member: 5612

http://www.mantaclub.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6321

The lads next door to me 12-15 year olds, started asking me about buiding a go-kart, talked over what was required, then then explained, it would be easier to modify a small car, rather than build a kart from scratch.

A friend had a Fiat 126 sitting in front garden, for 2 years waiting to be scrapped. The rear mounted 600cc engine would be just the right amount of power. Collected the car for free.

jD5bwK3ALlEBkd2Gt2jky-dkPq0xjXxn0164.jpg

Then cut up some photo's, added some line drawing, of how it could be modified.

vouXvpkNHze3MeLH9y1md7N7lsMZ1TJ60300.jpg]

Got the tin opener out (grinder) on the real car, doors were cut down and welded so they would not open...

t7qBOf3rfsMVnK4cvj0qUhmUbhDNzD0001A4.jpg

Looks a bit like a Fred Flintstone car. There was even a couple of Manta parts used like the springs behind the front bumper and a Manta steering knuckle joint was used to direct the gear shift linkage beside the central mounted seat.

Thats as far as the project got, the lads lost interest in the project, I needed the space for my business hardware, so it was scrapped. Would have been interesting to have driven it, guess it would have been quick but roll like a boat on corners.[:D]

Mal.....OMOC #6022 H9OP6tnFJvCgw3kz3xgONVPRv4v9t6WR0060.jpg Start your Manta restoration today........ before it's too late!

Apart from the Manta, I didn't have any other projects apart from keeping my Cav on the road - but I got my hands on this yesterday for the princely sum of £50 [:D] I mean, I couldn't really not buy it . .

The rear arches speak for themselves, and it needs a new tailgate but apart from that theres no rust on it, 118k on the clock and bought off a very pleasant old fellow who told me 'If you put your foot down it goes rather quickly' Wait till you see me driving it mate ! [:D][;)] (Please note roofrack, mismatched wheels and tasteful stickers. Nice.)

Overdraft here I come !

S6000002.jpg

S6000001.jpg

S6000004-1.jpg

Cheers,

Tim (OMOC # 5996)

Hi ya well I have a few projects here are my current ones

l9.JPG

you all no this one and its about 70% done now just getting ready for yer more work.

vboa2.JPG

this is my custom van which is having some more work done to it now for this years show season.

03052006.jpg

this is my everyday car trophy winner mr2 mk1 t top modified. Great fun and cheep to run.

69_1.jpg

this is my new venture ferrari 355 replicas to close to the real thing its scary and all based on mr2 turbos etc. currently building the demo car for advertizing. Its already had alot of interest as its so close to the real car most of the original 355 parts panels etc fit it. Unlick the so called replica 355's already on the market that really only resemble a 355. cars called exact355

nik2.jpg

Look Out Wide Car Coming through!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Fiat 126 thing lol

Some more recent additions [:)]

100_1311.jpg

100_1296.jpg

I've just bought a Renault 5 Gordini turbo (not the mid engined one) which will be pillaged for its engine and interior to fit the rebuilt Renault 4. 110hp, 700kg and 12inches of suspension travel [V]

And the crowning glory of the collection

100_1324.jpg

Unfortunately we're just keeping it for a week but I can confirm it's quite fun [:D]

There must be more projects out there without an Opel badge - come on!

Heres my main rival to the manta project, my convertible rover project..

In negotiations now to get a convertible hood made but am also doing the measurements for a folding hardtop.. Just waiting for some extra cash to arrive..lol

converttrailer.jpg

Rover1a.jpg

I like the P5 - very nice. Have you figured out how to make the roof work? Did you chop it yourself?

quote: ooo that NSX is gorgeous...any idea how much your relative payed for it?
id="quote">id="quote">

Yes. Too much [xx(]

The white coupe in the background is a V8, it was my everyday car at the time and I rebuilt a rangerover v8 for it which went very nicely with a fast road cam and webber 500. I had a custom stainless exhaust made which gave it a very nice TVR sound[:D]

I didn't chop the roof myself, the car had a restored bodyshell and concourse engine bay with everything like new, then it sat in the garage for about 12/13 years. Now I've got it I can see the job was good quality but didn't go far enough. It needs additional strengthening in the sills, cross bracing across the back end, front doors lengthening and the roof making. I've found someone to make the hood, he can also sort out the mechanism for a folding hard top but I need to take a saw and tape measure to my spares car first. I'll probably mock it up out of copper tube and then send this off to him to make out of the correct materials if it works out.

I'm going to be made redundant in the next few months so hopefully will get some time to spend on it!

My absolute pride and joy,1983 mk1 golf gti.Best car ive ever owned[:)]

full mars red respray 5 years ago when bought due to being faded.

16 valve engine with recent rings,oil pump,water pump.

new 45 webbers.

supersprint manifold and magnex system.

caddy diesel gearbox with black diamond clutch and adjustable short shift.

bugpack urethane mounts.

mocal catch tank.

flatted and polished rocker cover.

allard turbosport polished ally coolant tank with carbon fibre effect coolant cap.

carbon fibre effect oil cap.

avo coilovers.

crosshair tinted headlights.

sidelit crystal indicaters.

m3 rear lights.

single wiper.

5 slat debadged grill.

vdo gauges.

flushed tailgate with new black sticker surround.

wiper stalk operated boot solenoid.

ally fuel cap.

vitaloni wing mirrors.

8 and 9x14 rh cups with polished dishes.

195-45-sp2000 and 255-35-sp9000 dunlops.

corrado front seats.

boarded out rear with upholstered rear strut towers,door cards and rear 1/4 cards.

omp wheel and g/knob.

german flag on plates,front relocated.

insulation tape cut to shape on rear arches list goes on and on.

nearly 6 years ago,after id prepped it.

P3201706.jpg

A777OVLPROGRESS3.jpg

painted! i drove it like this for a while,on the white p slots.

P3202534.JPG

A777OVLPROGRESS5.jpg

new 7x15 adikt wheels.

silly mud flaps,gay sunstrip.

white aerial,new plates,single wiper.

single light grill with white surround.

powerflow system,new front spoiler,new orange indicaters...

P3204900.jpg

A777OVLPROGRESS6.jpg

new rh cups 7+8x14's.

badboy sh1t,new plates again.

clear indicaters,removed white grill trim.

P3205829.jpg

A777OVLPROGRESS10.jpg

clear rear lights.

P3206449.jpg

new wheels again!

now 8+9x14's,and avo coilovers.

boarded out rear with raddo seats.

smoothed tailgate.

new sticker surround.

A777OVLPROGRESS12.jpg

sunstrip removed.

new indicaters again! sidelit crystal.

5 slat grill.

tinted x hair headlights.

16v on 45's fitted by me with 8v box.

s/sprint manifold and magnex system.

vitaloni mirrors,chopped/painted aerial black

P3205941.JPG

demon_vw_york_m3_rear.jpg

A7770VLlatest_006.jpg

A7770VLlatest_003.jpg

A7770VLlatest_002.jpg

A7770VLlatest_011.jpg

A7770VLlatest_005.jpg

A7770VLlatest_007.jpg

15k in receipts so far and 120 pics,more on pc...

A777OVLPROGRESS.jpg

And then a few years ago[:0]

prepme.jpg

a777ovl53063.jpg

a777ovl5306.jpg

projectended2.jpg

Used to go alright (video is when i used a diesel box which really killed the acceleration[xx(])

th_a777ovl1.jpg

These were its last spoken words before i stripped it years ago["] used to sit ticking over perfect the whole time,never let me down.

th_mk1revving.jpg

Im finally picking a new engine/box up for it today...red top with manta box and prop["]

Neil.

Car-Care-Uk.com Forum

car-care-supplies-banner-si.gif

Wash/Prep | Polish | Wax | Trim | Accessories | Packages | Richbrook | Specials

Bodyshop | Hints/Tips | Customers cars | Customer Feedback | Contact us

OMOC Number:Coming soon!

God no[:D]Girlfriend loved it really[8D]

ps:I honestly dont drive like an idiot...was the day before i started stripping it so just wound it up to 30mph!

Car-Care-Uk.com Forum

car-care-supplies-banner-si.gif

Wash/Prep | Polish | Wax | Trim | Accessories | Packages | Richbrook | Specials

Bodyshop | Hints/Tips | Customers cars | Customer Feedback | Contact us

OMOC Number:Coming soon!

• 2 months later...

As i'm not sure where to post this i thought ere would be as good as any place!

My friend from the Cavalier and Chevette Group,Richard Watt has just had his MK 1 Cavalier repainted,very good you might think but whats so important about that,well.....

This Cavalier turns out to something of a celeberity car,at the back end of last year Richard got a phone call asking if he'd be interested in a Cavalier GL,Mildly interested because it was on a P plate he explained he coundn't get to Clevedon (Bristol) the seller said if he added the cost of the petrol (he had relatives near Richard he wanted to visit) he'd drive it to him,either that or he'd wiegh it in for sford capri the next day,so Richard agreed to but it.

When he told fellow club members what he'd bought and told them the reg which starts LOU the alarm bells started ringing,people said they believed there was an early Cavalier with that (Bristol) reg that was a Vauxhall promotion car,now research is ongoing to find out just what the car did,what is known for certain is-

The colour is unique- Manta signal Yellow,not painted on any other Cavalier and correct for the car as this is the code on the original VIN plate,pressumed to be done specially at Vauxhalls request

The First owner- Vauxhalls themselves,probably owned by the General manager himself,for the first four years and reputed to have been extensivey tested at Millbrook Test track near Bedford.

The Cavalier in the November 1975 Brochure is a GL model in what appears to signal yellow (other shades of yellow apparently didn't appear on Cavaliers for another year)meaning the car in the brochure must be 'LOU'

Other things that need further research are- is it the oldest Cavalier still in exsistance or even the first one registerd.Production numbers for the Antwerp plant need checking to see if this Cavalier was the first one made.In 1976 Vauxhall were reputed to have lent the BBC a Cavalier for use in a drama production,word has it that it was a yellow one when other yellow Cavaliers where still to appear.

RichardsWattsCavalierLOU0001.jpg

Richard Watt with 'LOU'

RichardsWattsCavalierLOU0002.jpg

The Cavalier is only just been painted and needs much re-finnishing and the engine bay,wheels etc attending to.

Note to moderators- if this post warrents a stand alone thread then feel free to set one up under a title like 'earlist MK 1 Cavalier' or such like.

I've got piles of all sorts of Manta parts,i might even have something you need!

surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds Herts and North Bucks.