Oldest Manta ?

Absolutely love it when early B's come up for sale.

The main reason for this is that they always look pretty ok, compare this car with that rusty £700 starting bid GTE hatch in another topic.

Seen many an unwise purchase of an early B on this forum, people think they have picked up something that needs little work until they remove the ally trim off the rear arches to find the arch comes off with the trim.

Many pitfalls on buying an old B regardless of how well it looks but still generally better than the later GTE's that were produced and far better than the exclusives

Yes this is an early Manta B, but not very early as it has the side trims. At some time in it's life the headlamps have been replaced with shallow glass units rather than the type with the metal surround.

There is a much older Manta B that i know of, Registered 1st november 1975, more news on this in due course.....

i have bought this car it is very original and very solid ,never welded and only needing a small amount of welding. it still has the original headlamps fitted with the metal surrounds. i also have a dutch registered italian spec car first registered in october 1975. could this be the oldest one in the uk? this car doesnt even have retractable seatbelts.